• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake agent names

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake agent names

I had two emails arrive in my inbox this morning at about the same time

> Senior UI Web Developer - City London - interested? (Ref#xxxxxx) George Eaton @ Evolution 07:47
    > LAMP Web Developer - Dorking Surrey - interested? (Ref#xxxxxx) Ross Quilliam @ Evolution 07:49

Both start

Hi oversteer,

We are looking for several people who fit the following Job Spec, if you are interested please email a word version of your Cv back to me stating Salary details and Availability.

Some sort of bulk fishing email with fake agent names?

The company is Evolution Recruitment Solutions Ltd. I suspect this means when you call up "Ross Quilliam" the receptionist knows just to get rid of you ? Is this blatant fishing? Or a crap automated mailout ?

it really is difficult to know if anything is genuine, unless you know them.

Comment

Why is it fishing just to get your CV?

Agency has job, agency has database, agent search database for cv with right words in it, agent call you!

Comment

Not Serious

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
        I had two emails arrive in my inbox this morning at about the same time

> Senior UI Web Developer - City London - interested? (Ref#xxxxxx) George Eaton @ Evolution 07:47
        > LAMP Web Developer - Dorking Surrey - interested? (Ref#xxxxxx) Ross Quilliam @ Evolution 07:49

Both start

Hi oversteer,

We are looking for several people who fit the following Job Spec, if you are interested please email a word version of your Cv back to me stating Salary details and Availability.

Some sort of bulk fishing email with fake agent names?

The company is Evolution Recruitment Solutions Ltd. I suspect this means when you call up "Ross Quilliam" the receptionist knows just to get rid of you ? Is this blatant fishing? Or a crap automated mailout ?
        I would not trust the second guy with two entries in Linkedin and both only having one connection but George
        has over 500 entries so I guess the company is real

Comment

Just had email from these monkeys wanting to offer me opportunities...and two references....yawn!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
            Just had email from these monkeys wanting to offer me opportunities...and two references....yawn!!
            Just 2 references?... they're slacking these days.... they usually send me an email with "I've seen your CV on Jobserve and have a couple of jobs that potentially look suitable for you, however I could do with a bit more information. " and a link in to a website that asks for :

Current role details, 2 x reference details to "help add credibility to your application" along with the details of when, where and who you interviewed with recently to "allow us to consider you for jobs without making duplicate applications".

Comment

I have not done any business with this compamy but I have had emails from George Eaton going back to 2007. So I think he is real.

Comment

Anyone actually ever got a job or heard from them again after sending a CV and adding the references? Ever?

Comment

Has anyone ever tried this? Ie. Pretending to be an agency and seeing who is stupid enough to send details back.

Mmmm. Thinks phishing scam
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Has anyone ever tried this? Ie. Pretending to be an agency and seeing who is stupid enough to send details back.
                    Might be a funny trick to try if you get benched for a while. What are the barriers to entering the market as a pimp?
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X