• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glad thats done, now for the waiting.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US client SOBs didn't make an appointment for yesterday p.m./evenings telephone interviews, no contact at all.

The agent is naffed off too, and expects it to be arranged today.

Down to earth with a thud.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 1 April 2010, 11:54.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Seems a lot of hoops to jump through for a contract role.

Incidentally, I have to agree with you - I've turned down renewals on more than one occasion because I was bored. I've taken 6 months off rather than extend on a very high rate. Probably lost in the region of £60K on that one but, like a previous poster said, had a great time with the family, which is priceless.

At the mo I've just moved contract to one paying less but is more interesting.
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        Seems a lot of hoops to jump through for a contract role.

Incidentally, I have to agree with you - I've turned down renewals on more than one occasion because I was bored. I've taken 6 months off rather than extend on a very high rate. Probably lost in the region of £60K on that one but, like a previous poster said, had a great time with the family, which is priceless.

At the mo I've just moved contract to one paying less but is more interesting.
        Sorry bud, but for me its all about the moo-lah ........... I'd sell my dead mother if it meant I could get a higher rate (but then she'd be dead, so what would she care?)

Comment

Originally posted by AngelOfTheNorth View Post
          Sorry bud, but for me its all about the moo-lah ........... I'd sell my dead mother if it meant I could get a higher rate (but then she'd be dead, so what would she care?)
          I´ve always wanted one, how much?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

I turned down a contract renewal on a live-away contract, spent 4 winter months on the bench and that was boring + more annoying because I had walked. Stay where you are and start looking, make yourself seem more available (no agent knows your end date), take much more holiday than normal, this will kick the time along nicely. If I left every contract as soon as I got bored I would be in deep financial trouble !

Comment

Boomin'

Just had a verbal offer from the agent.

Just waiting for the hard confirmation now.

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Good luck with, hopefully, impending boom!
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Boom....

Picked up the contract on Friday, get it reviewed, get it signed.

Currently pencilled in for a 7th May end and 10th May start.

Comment

Congrats. Must say it does all sound a little bit permie what with the multiple interview process and a start date almost a month away but who cares?! More money and better prospects cant be bad.

Comment

Current contract says they need 28 days notice, so they get the notice.

Current contract (my first) was exactly the same interview process, (telephone interview backed up by 3 short face to faces) in the same industry.

Oh well time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X