• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who knows about agency named Progressive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows about agency named Progressive

Anybody has information about this agency? It seems to be located in GBR but also has offices in other countries. I rencently got offers from them, but .. well !

I would like to hear something about the level of jobs they offer, kind of payment and other experiences. Things, which cannot be taken from the website.

Originally posted by engineer View Post
    Anybody has information about this agency? It seems to be located in GBR but also has offices in other countries. I rencently got offers from them, but .. well !

I would like to hear something about the level of jobs they offer, kind of payment and other experiences. Things, which cannot be taken from the website.
    Usually referred to as "Aggressive" because of the way they operate.

A search on ContractorUK will answer your question many times over.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Or "regressive"
      Part of the S3 group as well, I believe - and thats not a recommendation in general

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, not a general recommendation implies a specific condemnation. Can anyone smell that noxious aroma of lawyer?
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by engineer View Post

Only bad, did one contract through them sometime ago, real pain in the coconuts to say the least.

So that makes them about run of the mill I guess

Comment

The best I can say about Progressive is that they used to pay quickly, back in the late 90s. Nowadays, who knows? They have a margin of at least 25% and I know at least two places where HR won't use them. I would not use them as my intermediary in any contracting position.

But I'd say the same for all of the S3 group. Avoid.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

we recently contacted them looking to hire a permy due to expansion.

very pushy, refused to send any CV's until they had a face to face meeting with us (both directors & cosec), but they did mention their rate for hiring permies - 22.5%
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Rate

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                we recently contacted them looking to hire a permy due to expansion.

very pushy, refused to send any CV's until they had a face to face meeting with us (both directors & cosec), but they did mention their rate for hiring permies - 22.5%
                The rate seems to be about right, 20 to 25% for permies. I would have made them change their conditions in backlash against them being a pain in the ar$e. For example tell them they have higher percentage than other agencies and for that I would want the claw back clause to be for 12 months at 100% otherwise there is the door!

They may walk anyway but you get the satisfaction of dictating the terms, after all you should remind them you are the client and they are just one of a long line of agencies trying to kick the door down.

Comment

out of all the agencies we contacted, the progressive was 22.5%, the next highest was 15% and the next 3 were 12% and the other 2 10%

so 22.5% seems obscene to me
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

I have worked through Progressive recently, initially they had problem with doing contract with Ltd company if I am not the director of the company but once that got sorted, I did not have any issues. They have 28 Days payement term from the Date of Invoice and had to chase them couple of times to send me back the copy of the signed contract for my record.

Payment was always on time (though it will come only right on 28th Day)

I think they took around 18% commission

Comment

Working...
                    X