• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional Indemnity insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Indemnity insurance

Recently one of the agent while discussing about a position indicated that my limited company should obtain and get Professional Indemnity insurance (Employers Liability - limit of £1 million, Public Liability - limit of £1 million, Professional Indemnity - limit of £1 million)

Is this normal, and Is this easy to get such insurance?

The position being offered is of 8 weeks duration. I have finished a few contracts so far and noone asked me about this insurance.

As above I am paying £400 for all the above which is a bit more than others but I have the word "construction" in my possible responsibilities.

Comment

I insisted my agent payed it for me, after I had interviewed and the client wanted me.

Comment

It's always good to get this insurance anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          I insisted my agent payed it for me, after I had interviewed and the client wanted me.
          It's amazing how many people spell that incorrectly.

Mine costs £195 per annum for PL/EL & PI. I'm a software tester.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Its important for people who access live systems or testers that sign off systems, but developers dont need Its a rip off for them. If they write something really bad, and it gets through testing, they would always go after the tester not the developer, its expected that code will have errors... thats why we have testers.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              its expected that code will have errors... thats why we have Windows Vista.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You own a LTD company so start thinking like a company director.

Join the PCG (£280) and get the Randell and Dorling Insurance package (£180). Easy.

Comment

Apologies for fluffing this thread - I am about to go back to being limited and have been told I need professional indemnity up to £1m.

p1mp recommended http://www.caunceohara.co.uk/ - who seem to charge about £546. http://www.qdosconsulting.com/ seem to charge £132(though I have emailed them to confirm).

anyone else got any recommendations?

thanks

Comment

Hiscox charges around £400 p.a. and you can pay monthly with no additional charge

Comment

Working...
                    X