• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract IR35 Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full review with IPSE - I want more than just an IR35 check, I want a lawyer to look at the other clauses and see what else I might be missing.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
      Who do you folk go with for you IR35 reviews? QDos, IPSE?

I thought my IPSE Plus membership would cover it but no.

SJD say it holds a clause for substitution but nothing regarding control of method of work or mutuality of obligation so I want a second opinion.
      Didn't you read your contract yourself before sending it to SJD?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Didn't you read your contract yourself before sending it to SJD?
        Yes but I value the opinions of the experts over mine.

Comment

Yes but I value the opinions of the experts over mine.
          What you asking in here for then?

Actually if that is the case why are you asking your accountant about IR35?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Think about using the IPSE review service since you're a member. It looks at the whole thing
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Think about using the IPSE review service since you're a member. It looks at the whole thing
              I rang IPSE. Got through to a young lady who didn't know very much and was unwilling to pass me onto an expert. She gave me her email address and asked me to email my query.

She says AbbeyTax do the reviews so I'll ring them.

Comment

Why didn't you ring QDOS?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Why didn't you ring QDOS?
                  I did. For the full contract and work practices review, I need to fill in a questionnaire. I told the consultant I won't know what the end client will agree to wrt the questionnaire. He said i could fill it in myself when after I start. I said that that won't be great as I'd then want to quit the gig if the WPs deem me inside. He said I can try to get the end client to review my questionnaire in advance but most don't want to.

I'll fill the form in and ask the agent if the client will review it but that's unlikely.

How do you folk handle this catch-22?

Comment

I did. For the full contract and work practices review, I need to fill in a questionnaire. I told the consultant I won't know what the end client will agree to wrt the questionnaire. He said i could fill it in myself when after I start. I said that that won't be great as I'd then want to quit the gig if the WPs deem me inside. He said I can try to get the end client to review my questionnaire in advance but most don't want to.

I'll fill the form in and ask the agent if the client will review it but that's unlikely.

How do you folk handle this catch-22?
                    I'd make sure the WP match the contract and are outside IR35 from my research in to it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'd make sure the WP match the contract and are outside IR35 from my research in to it.
                      Isn't the contract and WPs synchronicity not a priority? From what I know, it's the WP that matter. And my issue is before starting, I won't know what WPs my end client will accept. Of course I will demand WPs in compliance with an IR35 pass, but my end client won't care about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X