• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Writing a Support agreement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing a Support agreement

I know this has been covered before but my google skills are lacking.

Does anyone have an advice on writing and pricing a Support agreement to support existing systems.

From memory it should be something like

£500-1000 a month for the helpdesk and £x a day for actual support with a minimum amount of days bought in advance...

with initial
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I have 5 support agreements running currently for some previous freelance gigs. They are a mix of:

1 of them is a call off contract - x days at £y of support paid for in advance at a discounted rate. The days expire on new years eve. This has been running for the last 5 years - generally they use 80% of the days they purchase ahead
    1 of them is a support retainer (£x charged for the year) and then an agreed day rate of £y for any actual on site work or changes for things that cannot be sorted online or over the phone, or that are not bugs
    3 of them are full S&M agreements - an annual charge, paid in advance at an agreed rate.

All of them have common themes:

1) Days and hours of working, M-F, 9am to 5pm, no bank holidays
    2) Contact methods - phone numbers or email addresses that must be used
    3) An outline of turn around times (for logging, getting back to them, resolving)
    4) An agreement of price lifts from year to year as per CPI/RPI
    5) What is covered (bugs, issues, questions) and what is not (changes, upgrades, problems they create)

I can PM you one of my support documents if it helps.

I love my support contracts... its almost free money with very little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyboy View Post
      3 of them are full S&M agreements - an annual charge, paid in advance at an agreed rate.
      Having met Eek I think he's going to be more than interested in this bit,.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thought you'd be going for silver, gold and platinum level packages eek
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Having met Eek I think he's going to be more than interested in this bit,.

You saw the picture of the purple bed too, right
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
          X