2 weeks into contract - can I invoke notice of termination and not work the term?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Posts 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,082
    Thanks (Given)
    33
    Thanks (Received)
    96
    Likes (Given)
    670
    Likes (Received)
    729

    Default

    +1 I had this issue a few years ago, was sold a dummy by the agent and the project was a bit of a car crash, do you know what I did... sucked it up and got on with it, wasn't the clients fault after all, I got them out of a hole and after 4 months politely refused an extension to move on, 3 years later I am back at the client on a new exiting project, didn't go through the agent this time though, made sure I kept in touch with the HR manager here and (he's asked me back a couple of time over the last 2 years) and when I was available I took him up on the offer... motto is don't burn bridges!!!

  2. #22

    Super poster

    Scruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Londres
    Posts
    2,372
    Thanks (Given)
    35
    Thanks (Received)
    104
    Likes (Given)
    463
    Likes (Received)
    363

    Default

    I have left a number of gigs when the role changed/statement of work didn't meet the expectations/new "direction" meant IR35 had a potential to come into play. I have terminated the Professional relationship and negotiated my way out of toxic situations.

    IMHO, your Professional integrity will not be negatively affected, since ultimately it is all about your Personal integrity, which affects YOU, your family and your co-workers (not colleagues!).

    If the client lacks a professional attitude and respect, in practice, once you are "in contract" then you owe it to yourself to attempt to correct it, or else, "get ouf of Dodge"...
    We have a poverty of intellect....
    QDOS Referral Code http://www.qdoscontractor.com/code/QCL26507
    IPSE Referral Code http://www.ipse.co.uk/join/IPSE01396

  3. #23

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,880
    Thanks (Given)
    465
    Thanks (Received)
    991
    Likes (Given)
    4081
    Likes (Received)
    2694

    Default 2 weeks into contract - can I invoke notice of termination and not work the t...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    I have left a number of gigs when the role changed/statement of work didn't meet the expectations/new "direction" meant IR35 had a potential to come into play. I have terminated the Professional relationship and negotiated my way out of toxic situations.

    IMHO, your Professional integrity will not be negatively affected, since ultimately it is all about your Personal integrity, which affects YOU, your family and your co-workers (not colleagues!).

    If the client lacks a professional attitude and respect, in practice, once you are "in contract" then you owe it to yourself to attempt to correct it, or else, "get ouf of Dodge"...
    You're describing a Death March project, the OP is describing a tough project where he feels he's in over his head.

    It's important to recognise the difference between the two.

  4. #24

    Super poster

    Scruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Londres
    Posts
    2,372
    Thanks (Given)
    35
    Thanks (Received)
    104
    Likes (Given)
    463
    Likes (Received)
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    You're describing a Death March project, the OP is describing a tough project where he feels he's in over his head.

    It's important to recognise the difference between the two.
    After all these years, they all seem like a Death March...
    We have a poverty of intellect....
    QDOS Referral Code http://www.qdoscontractor.com/code/QCL26507
    IPSE Referral Code http://www.ipse.co.uk/join/IPSE01396

  5. #25

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,678
    Thanks (Given)
    334
    Thanks (Received)
    587
    Likes (Given)
    2210
    Likes (Received)
    2630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    +1 I had this issue a few years ago, was sold a dummy by the agent and the project was a bit of a car crash, do you know what I did... sucked it up and got on with it, wasn't the clients fault after all, I got them out of a hole and after 4 months politely refused an extension to move on, 3 years later I am back at the client on a new exiting project, didn't go through the agent this time though, made sure I kept in touch with the HR manager here and (he's asked me back a couple of time over the last 2 years) and when I was available I took him up on the offer... motto is don't burn bridges!!!
    You're leaving again Jabbers?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  6. #26

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,277
    Thanks (Given)
    137
    Thanks (Received)
    1360
    Likes (Given)
    1732
    Likes (Received)
    5827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    After all these years, they all seem like a Death March...
    They all sound like opportunities to me
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.