Leaving SJD Accountants
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 199
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    18
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Leaving SJD Accountants

    I'm a contractor using SJD and I'm not happy at all with the service.

    SJD put on their website that if we don't respond to you same day (provided email is before blah blah) we will refund you that months installment, great, but the response you get is an auto reply saying thank you for your email I will respond to you in full shortly, which usually is over a week with me chasing! I called to complain and they just kept putting me through to my accountant...

    Also when I rarely get to speak to my Accountant, I have to remind her who I am, she then proceeds to give me generic information which I then have to remind her isnít applicable to me. There is absolutely nothing personal about the service, and I have no confidence in my accountant at all.

    I'm now looking to leave, as SJD have not done my end of year accounts am I able to get money back? They have sent me a couple of emails and done my VAT nothing else (I set the company up myself). I'd be interested if anyone else has had similar issues, or can advise me?

    As a side I do accept that this may be the particular accountant not necessarily a reflection of SJD as a whole but this is my experience and that is all I can go off.

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    10,343
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    220
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    I'm a contractor using SJD and I'm not happy at all with the service.

    SJD put on their website that if we don't respond to you same day (provided email is before blah blah) we will refund you that months installment, great, but the response you get is an auto reply saying thank you for your email I will respond to you in full shortly, which usually is over a week with me chasing! I called to complain and they just kept putting me through to my accountant...

    Also when I rarely get to speak to my Accountant, I have to remind her who I am, she then proceeds to give me generic information which I then have to remind her isnít applicable to me. There is absolutely nothing personal about the service, and I have no confidence in my accountant at all.

    I'm now looking to leave, as SJD have not done my end of year accounts am I able to get money back? They have sent me a couple of emails and done my VAT nothing else (I set the company up myself). I'd be interested if anyone else has had similar issues, or can advise me?

    As a side I do accept that this may be the particular accountant not necessarily a reflection of SJD as a whole but this is my experience and that is all I can go off.
    Yeah right. Several thousand contractors must be similarly blighted by their appalling service.

    Here's a thought. Drop an email to Simon Dolan and ask him for an explanation.


    Blog? What blog...?

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,233
    Thanks (Given)
    10
    Thanks (Received)
    20
    Likes (Given)
    211
    Likes (Received)
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    I called to complain and they just kept putting me through to my accountant...

    I'm now looking to leave, as SJD have not done my end of year accounts am I able to get money back?
    If they keep putting you through to your accountant, why not complain to her? I would put any concerns down in writing and depending upon the response ask for details of their complaint procedure.

    I very much doubt that they will refund any fees, I think SJD are one of the ones who insist on a minimum 12 months fees for the first year.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

  4. #4

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    18
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Is he the owner? I'm going to call them up today to leave, but was hoping to get some advice on what my rights are or what I will be able to get back?

    This is my first year self employed so I'm a bit wet behind the ears.

  5. #5

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    18
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post
    If they keep putting you through to your accountant, why not complain to her? I would put any concerns down in writing and depending upon the response ask for details of their complaint procedure.

    I very much doubt that they will refund any fees, I think SJD are one of the ones who insist on a minimum 12 months fees for the first year.
    I did complain to my accountant but itís like talking to brick wall.

    To be fair I have learnt a good way of getting hold of my accountant. If I phone the switchboard and ask for her and she is busy, I just call back saying I want to complain and surprisingly she is then available.

    I thought that might be the case with fees. Thank you for your response.

  6. #6

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DirtyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,814
    Thanks (Given)
    18
    Thanks (Received)
    86
    Likes (Given)
    595
    Likes (Received)
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    I'm a contractor using SJD and I'm not happy at all with the service.

    SJD put on their website that if we don't respond to you same day (provided email is before blah blah) we will refund you that months installment, great, but the response you get is an auto reply saying thank you for your email I will respond to you in full shortly, which usually is over a week with me chasing! I called to complain and they just kept putting me through to my accountant...

    Also when I rarely get to speak to my Accountant, I have to remind her who I am, she then proceeds to give me generic information which I then have to remind her isnít applicable to me. There is absolutely nothing personal about the service, and I have no confidence in my accountant at all.

    I'm now looking to leave, as SJD have not done my end of year accounts am I able to get money back? They have sent me a couple of emails and done my VAT nothing else (I set the company up myself). I'd be interested if anyone else has had similar issues, or can advise me?

    As a side I do accept that this may be the particular accountant not necessarily a reflection of SJD as a whole but this is my experience and that is all I can go off.
    So your complaint is that you rarely speak to your accountant, and when you rang up to complain, they made you speak to your accountant?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

  7. #7

    Fingers like lightning

    simondolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    591
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    Is he the owner? I'm going to call them up today to leave, but was hoping to get some advice on what my rights are or what I will be able to get back?

    This is my first year self employed so I'm a bit wet behind the ears.
    This isn't how we work, and never has been. An auto reply isn't an answer, and we never take a week to respond. Why don't you email me with the accountants name and I will investigate for you. I will post a full reply here too. My email address is simondolanatme.com

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    simondolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    591
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    15
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waldorf View Post

    I very much doubt that they will refund any fees, I think SJD are one of the ones who insist on a minimum 12 months fees for the first year.
    No, we don't insist on 12 months fees, and never have. And we ALWAYS refund if we ever do anything wrong.

  9. #9

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    18
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
    No, we don't insist on 12 months fees, and never have. And we ALWAYS refund if we ever do anything wrong.
    Thank you I will send you an email.

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    10,343
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    220
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JtotheD View Post
    Iíve come on this forum for advice not to argue semantics.

    My complaint is relating to my initial post, I shouldnít have to call up to complain to get through to my accountant when I am paying for a service, they should respond as per there literature same day.

    I also shouldn't have to give my accountant a walk through of my business each and every time we speak and explain to them why the advice they are giving me isn't relevant.

    If they are unable to respond in good time due to being overloaded then fine, just remove the promise from the website and literature. Whilst they are at it also remove the personal and professional service references.
    Simon (and yes, he does own the business) has responded personally. I really suggest you deal with him and stop flailing around on here.
    Blog? What blog...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.