• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    Haha - never let the facts, common sense and 20 years of telling the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy....
    Why do you bring up conspiracy, Simon? That hadn't crossed my mind. What are you trying to say?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Why do you bring up conspiracy, Simon? That hadn't crossed my mind. What are you trying to say?
      You've been doing this too long :-)
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

You've been doing this too long :-)
        Oh Simon. How deep does it go?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Oh Simon. How deep does it go?
          Balls?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Balls?
            I fear it must be so. Still, Hemel Hemsted, squire, famous place!

Comment

Is Simon still a go to guy to reach out to in case of issues with his the quality of their service? I'm new to contracting and decided to go with SJD based on online reviews but now I wish I went with someone who delivers service in a way they would want to receive it if they were their own client.

E.g. if you appoint an accountant you'd expect them to guide you proactively through the world of setting up a new business and the ins and outs of what's what and how it will be done. So far I feel like I'm being a nuisance rather than a client who is new to the game and needs all help possible to understand what to do and how. I almost need to beg to get a meaningful answer, some details I got meant nothing without spending time on google looking for the details, some looked like a copy and paste out of the first hit on google search. And that's for 160 quid a pop (+VAT).

Funny how the sales and admin staff were totally opposite to that, almost feels like a typical car dealership situation - they will do everything to get you to buy a car but once the money has changed hands you're a nobody.
              Last edited by MBA; 4 October 2017, 15:28.

Comment

Simon sold SJD to some big boys years ago.

He's running a different accountancy firm these days.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

It’s called DolanAccountancy. Happy to help anyone that needs it....
                  P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Right, that could perhaps explain a couple of things re SJD's behaviour.

It’s called DolanAccountancy. Happy to help anyone that needs it....
                    Any idea how easy it is to move from one accountancy to another if I just started and am using their offices for registered office and service address? I'm not sure if I want to suck it up and stay with them for one year and appoint new accountants then or move on pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by MBA View Post
                      Any idea how easy it is to move from one accountancy to another if I just started and am using their offices for registered office and service address? I'm not sure if I want to suck it up and stay with them for one year and appoint new accountants then or move on pronto.
                      It's dead easy to change accountancy, registered office and service address - it's a few forms at Companies House and you're done for the addresses. You can move accountant at any stage, and if you're only just starting this should be even easier.

Check your terms and conditions with SJD, then I'd give Darren at Dynamo a call / PM / email and move there as soon as possible.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X