• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bedouin Tax Solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedouin Tax Solutions

I started my first contract in July 2012, instead of using a typical umbrella company I went with Bedouin. As I'm about to start another contract I just wanted to check if the recommendation was that Bedouin was not to be trusted due to their EBT use and I would be better off with a standard umbrella firm?

Thanks

I've got a cup of tea and a slice of cake. I'm going to enjoy this thread.

Comment

Here's what your average poster on here thinks of Bedouin...!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ome-beans.html

Comment

I don't know anything about Bedouin but try this simple test:

Figure out how much income you have earned from the contract and then ask Bedouin how much tax you have paid. NB, by tax paid, I mean tax actually paid over to HMRC not fees paid to Bedouin.

Now calculate the tax as a percentage of your income and then let us know what that is so we can give you an opinion about the risk of the structure you are using.

Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I think the general consensus is that you should avoid offshore tax schemes, or have you not been keeping up to date with the news?

Rather than an umbrella, what about a limited company. If you are serious about contracting you will keep more of your cash with a limited rather than a brolly.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Bedouin EBT

Originally posted by thebear14 View Post
            I started my first contract in July 2012, instead of using a typical umbrella company I went with Bedouin. As I'm about to start another contract I just wanted to check if the recommendation was that Bedouin was not to be trusted due to their EBT use and I would be better off with a standard umbrella firm?

Thanks
            I'm interested in your quote 'to be trusted due to their EBT use'. I know people using Sanzar EBT have had investigation letters. Has anyone recieved investigation letters into Bedouin's EBT?

Comment

Originally posted by porrker View Post
              I'm interested in your quote 'to be trusted due to their EBT use'. I know people using Sanzar EBT have had investigation letters. Has anyone recieved investigation letters into Bedouin's EBT?
              HMRC areapparently working their way through all of them. It would be an act of some folly to start with such a scheme until the current round of HMRC investigations is concluded.

Listening to the man from the Treasury yesterday on R4, it looks like it's no longer about EBTs of any flavour, it's about any scheme where there is a business arrangement that makes no apparent sense, like buying your coffee beans from Switzerland.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                  Don't you love it when a post count of 1 starts a new thread on about an offshore arrangement?

I'm eating a tin of spiced ham.
                  Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                  "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                    I think the general consensus is that you should avoid offshore tax schemes, or have you not been keeping up to date with the news?

Rather than an umbrella, what about a limited company. If you are serious about contracting you will keep more of your cash with a limited rather than a brolly.
                    Not looking to continue contracting in the long term to be honest hence the reason I avoided setting up a Ltd, the initial one was taken as a route to a perm role but internal restructures put pay to that. Now I'm about to be imminently unemployed it was easier to land another contract as opposed to a perm. I had looked at the previous threads where Bedouin were discussed but they all appeared to be pretty historic, was trying to establish if there had been any developments on the use of their scheme

Comment

Working...
                    X