• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot understand why Mr Carr

has not contacted his legal advice people as its surely a breach of human rights having an individuals tax details discussed in public. At least when boy George had his hissy fit no names were mentioned. He's keeping very quiet I wonder how moral his tax affairs are considering the wealth of the Osbournes and the two faced hypocrisy of Cameron who's own father was a major tax avoider and now openly encouraging the French to avoid taxes and how many other senior politicians should be investigated?.....I'm beginning to think John Cleese scripted this and Alfred Hitchcock directed it

Comment

Email Sent

I've emailed Dominic Raab and asked him to contact David Gauke and urge him to support the amendment.

Comment

Strange that the Gauke interview has not been put on a Podcast from this mornings show yet other episodes have. This needs to be heard he was apparently quizzed on Retrospective Tax in general and relating to the K2 scheme.

Comment

Post just arrived

Containing postcard from my MP, who I thought was ignoring my communications. It is an acknowledgement of receipt of the latest NTRT letter, with the following text "when new information is available I will contact you again". No indication that it has been forwarded to Mr Gauke

Comment

Heres a thought. Are we likely to get the same result but in reverse of the original parliamentary session where the majority (Labour at the time) voted for the legislation (because they were made to). This time will the majority (coalition) be told to vote to NOT amend it?

The whip thing makes a mockery of the idea that we are voting for a candidate. Whats the point of becoming a politician if you have to tow the party line rather than follow your own reasoning and morality?
            Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post
              Heres a thought. Are we likely to get the same result but in reverse of the original parliamentary session where the majority (Labour at the time) voted for the legislation (because they were made to). This time will the majority (coalition) be told to vote to NOT amend it?

The whip thing makes a mockery of the idea that we are voting for a candidate. Whats the point of becoming a politician if you have to tow the party line rather than follow your own reasoning and morality?
              These have been my thoughts exactly. For me, whatever the outcome, the whole political system in this country has been shown as a complete joke through this. My MP told me that Gauke was in opposition when he said what he said and it is no surprise if he has changed his mind now in power. That admission just shot any great illusions I had about the democratic system down in flames.
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post

I could bore you to death with the British Constitution & Politics but suffice to say, it is the party system which backs candidates for election to the HoC. Yes, the electorate play a part but you have to look at this from the party and candidates perspective.

The party system therefore demands some 'loyalty' in return for this behind the scenes backing and party machinery support from elected MP's in return. This takes the form of being whipped to follow party lines rather than MP's own conscience.

Given this is a Finance Act and, the Governments high profile on tax avoidance (sic evasion), I'd expect quite a bit of 'whipping' going on. It might even become a 3 line whip if the Government feels in danger of losing the vote.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Cameron taking a beating

Looking at the "your comments" section of the Jimmy Carr news story on the BBC it seems that Cameron's comments could've actually weakened his argument!!

Comment

Old news. And why is DC responsible for what his family did when he was a child, or how his father conducted his affairs?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Old news. And why is DC responsible for what his family did when he was a child, or how his father conducted his affairs?
                      because he's pontificating form a holier than thou - moral high horse

did his morals allow him to take his inheritance from the (offshore) family estate i wonder

but i agree in principal its none of our business and none of his re jimmy carr..

Comment

Working...
                      X