• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - JR Judgement Day

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it make any difference to the interest already accrued before buying CTDs, if no CNs have been issued (for some strange reason!)?

Comment

Originally posted by marcuss View Post
      Does it make any difference to the interest already accrued before buying CTDs, if no CNs have been issued (for some strange reason!)?
      It shouldn't. Interest will be calculated from the day the money would have been due (31 Jan/31 July) taking into account payments on account until the day the money is paid - either actually or by CTD.

If no CN's have been issued then it will be difficult to know exactly how much is due - but your provider could tell you. Maybe they've forgotten about you!

Remember that CTD's should only be taken out for up to the amount of tax due, not interest.
      There's an elephant wondering around here...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/home

Select Self Assessment
        then View Statement
        then Statement History

The total tax/nic due is calculated by adding up all the amounts shown as Collection Suspended

This is the amount you would need to deposit in a CTD.

Note: the statement does not include any interest
        Cheers DR. Do you have a very rough and ready idea what percentage should be added to the amount outstanding from 2001 - 02 to give an indication of the total amount outstanding included interest ie 150%, 175%, 200% or whatever?
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Better late than never

Mont Blank Ideas Ltd , Millionaires Row, Can’t Trace Me Here, If u don’t believe me, Google Barlow Clowes

Dear Colleagues

First a message from your beloved - sorry I missed the deadline again for sending the letter. Therefore decided to ask a third party to publish this on my behalf so that I can distance myself from it in case of …………… stuff. Enough said:
          1. To get the ball rolling and to calm oneself down I like to start with name your two favourite films. Mine – top dog has to be Deer Hunter with One flew over the Cuckoo a close second.

2. Ok. Favourite sit com moment / quote . “Oh no another dopamine rush .Its not even 3am. Extra medication has not kicked in . The front lobe launches its defences – bish, bosh, thud, even batman & robin (well Dell & Rodney really) cant defeat the black lobe, 8, 9 ererererer & 10 & out”

3. We have some new information about HMRC lying to us in 2008. This info is post the hearing so gives us immediate grounds for appeal . Thanks to Mr Jagger – em sorry Donkey R (will use DR in future to keep top secret)

4. Mr “thunderbirds are go” Parker – “what a show boater”. Who does he think trying to re-write 80 years of tax precedent. His Ramsay stuff was awful. He can’t be any good as he admitted that he had come up against Milne many times and never beat him. And Milne well he couldn’t spot an IR35 scheme if he took 10% of £405 million and banked it and sailed away to paradise.

5. HR stuff – parker very poor & should fall at the next hurdle. Don’t think retrospection should apply to those who joined after January 2003 and were NOT told about a) QC saying scheme is “crap” and/or b) the fact that every member of the scheme (except the lucky ones who had relatives working for HMRC) was being put under investigation.
          6. That stuff in the judgment about section 28 and us (meaning you) could have forced the issue of a commissioners hearing with a simple application. I know this works because I did it in the Foulser case in 2001. Yes MacDougall v Foulser – another one of my “nearly” good schemes (goggle it). AND yes the same MacDougal that has caused your life hell. He has a grudge against me.

7. OH; so why didn’t I advise you guys to do section 28. Well because you would not have been able to continue in the scheme and make all the savings that will come to fruition when we are victorious.

8. BUT – just in case :
          9. I am going to retrospectively kick 1800 of you out of the scheme to get the no. down to below 500 to “keep below the HMRC radar” (anyone remember me saying that) . Then HMRC will retrospectively decide that not enough lost tax to go to the Treasury and retrospectively remove the retrospective BN66.
          10. Will get some of that Suo Motu – it was much better than the figures quoted. Naa cause if we lose HMRC they can’t re-visit the settlement – sorry little bit confused about this because I did not attend the meetings with HMRC – so I am making it up as I go. Its always worked in the past.

11. Sent a client to see Mr Warlord about a doggy BN66 scheme. He repo
          rted it back to me – did not work so I have “tweaked” it & hey presto this is a really good idea. Gave Mr Warlord a letter of ownership – but the Court does not recognise these – so game on.

12. Going to rebate all the fees – just kidding
          13. Going to sell one of the Bentleys – just kidding
          14. Going to get myself a new house in the Windies, watch a bit off the old croquet , get a tan (all over), sip a pinto or 3 & (if that b******h asks for another lipo) a new “broad”. So plastiqued out mon. learn a new language mon.

Yours so inconsiderately.

The Guvner

(i do what i like when i like in my own time & stuff everyone else)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Jones View Post
            <nothing of any importance, or indeed coherence>
            Nothing to see here folks, please don't respond to the poor chap. He clearly forgot his medication last night.

Comment

Originally posted by deckster View Post
              Nothing to see here folks, please don't respond to the poor chap. He clearly forgot his medication last night.
              i read about two lines before i gave up, what the f**k is he on about. i cant't wait for MP to bankrupt the pillock

Comment

Originally posted by deckster View Post
                Originally posted by poppy01 View Post
                i read about two lines before i gave up, what the f**k is he on about. i cant't wait for MP to bankrupt the pillock
                Just don't rise to it. No comments whatsoever are the most powerful weapon in the arsenal. You only have to look at the time it was posted to know where its going.
                Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Cheers DR. Do you have a very rough and ready idea what percentage should be added to the amount outstanding from 2001 - 02 to give an indication of the total amount outstanding included interest ie 150%, 175%, 200% or whatever?
                  Below is my calculation of the accrued interest for each tax year:

2001/2 - 48%
                  2002/3 - 42%
                  2003/4 - 35%
                  2004/5 - 28%
                  2005/6 - 21%
                  2006/7 - 14%
                  2007/8 - 6%

For example, if your tax/nic liability for 2001/2 was £10000, then the interest would be approximately £4800.

Comment

White envelopes are better than brown envelopes

I got my mail last night and I do feel a lot better after reading it. A very interesting read!

Thanks to everyone for the updates and hard work. This forum has definitely kept me going through a stressful time.

Comment

Any suggestions?

I would like to get a better picture of exactly how many people would have to sell their homes to (fully or partially) meet their liability.

The survey for the JCHR was only a tiny sample of around 100.

I could do a Poll on here but not many people are registered to vote.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                      X