• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last contact

Originally posted by Zotter View Post
    When is the last time any of you had any correspondence with Bradbury?
    I heard from them in mid October, when they sent me two pdfs summarizing my partnership accounts for 07/08/09.

My questions concerning the rate of charge for 08/09 (13% rather than 6%) have, needless to say, not been answered.

Comment

So it appears that they have now cut out communication. I last heard from them around the same time. There was a flurry of activity, got the draft accounts, but then nothing after that.

Has anyone had any response after filling in the online acceptance form of your draft accounts, other than the automated reply?

Does anybody out there know who the administrator of their partnership is?
      Have you ever been able to make contact with them?
      Is there a way to find out?

Bradbury have told me directly that they are not allowed to give out this information. I have sent registered post to the address where my partnership is registered and it came back undelivered.

Comment

Originally posted by pck View Post
        Hi saratbabu07

Looks like you and me are in a very similar boat. I too was with Sunday from Aug 08 until Mar this year. Unlike you, I haven't heard from Bradbury since late Aug when they told me that delivery of the accounts was imminent. However, since Aug, Von Essen and I have emailed weekly for an update but to no avail. When you got your notification last week, was that via Von Essen or were you contacted direct from Bradbury? Now, having lost all confidence in them and without any other alternative, my last correspondence told them I would be seeking legal advice to recover the tax funds they are withholding. I've heard nothing to-date.
        Yes, it was bradbury who contacted me via email last month.
        Chris Pape - I've read in a post that Chris was with bradbury.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 November 2009, 16:05.

Comment

Partnership contact details

Has anyone tried to call the telephone number that you have for your Partnership?
          I just did and it went to accountants called Millen & Necker & Co in Kent. I have double checked the telephone number on several pieces of correspondence and it is definitely the one, but Millen & Necker claim they know nothing about Bradbury, Sunday, or my own partnership. Very strange.

Comment

What is Bradburys real correspondence address?

Can anyone tell what the REAL address for Bradbury is. The one on the website is a pile of pooh. I going through the small claims procedure but I can't continue until I have a proper address where I can get some legal papers sent.

I hoe someone can help.

Comment

16 Shearway Business Park
              Folkstone
              Kent
              CT19 4RK

This is their registered address, it is just an company that gives out their address for other companies to use, so there are no Bradbury staff at this address, but appparently these guys will forward it to the address Bradbury provided to them. Whether that is their real address, nobody knows.

I also have one other address where I know some of the staff use to sit, but not sure if they still do. Send me a private message and I can give that to you. The address above is all over the web.

Who are you using to file the claim? Also, is it for the 07/08 or the 08/09 year?
              Last edited by Zotter; 11 November 2009, 16:03.

Comment

Sunday Solutions

Hi everyone,
                I have recently received this email:

COMPLETION OF TAX RETURNS
                We are writing to you on this one occasion in confidence, because we have been advised by Bradbury & Co that they will not be involved in completing the partners full individual self-assessment tax returns (SATR) for the 2008-09 tax year. Apparently they only intend to produce and to issue to you the related partnership supplements for distribution to the respective partners. We are given to understand that Bradbury will continue to provide partnership accounting for each partnership, and the Partnership administrators still hold your retentions on deposit to meet tax etc.
                In view of the approaching submission deadlines of 31st October 2009 and 31st January 2010, they have therefore discussed with us, an independent firm of Accountants and tax advisors, a project to contact the partners and offer our services in respect of the preparation of their individual SATRs and to assist in ensuring that they are submitted promptly to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). This proposal appears to have been withdrawn by them, but we understand that Messrs Bradbury & Co Limited are not in a position to prepare tax returns which may leave clients disadvantaged or unable to meet their legal responsibility to file a Tax Return by 31st January 2010.
                We always endeavour to operate a policy of completeness, clarity, and communication to achieve transparency, in this way we both know each other’s expectations. We will agree with you before taking you on as a client the services that you require, what we need from you to fulfill that service in a professional and timely manner and advise you of what it will cost. We want you to be able to recommend us to your friends so you will always find us approachable, efficient and professional.
                If you would like us to assist you with the preparation of your individual SATR then please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details given below. Our fees for this service will be in the region of £250 (excluding VAT) for the core return plus £50 (excluding VAT) for each supplement except for the partnership supplement which will already have been prepared by Bradbury & Co Limited and paid for by the partners. However, if additional work is required e.g., the preparation of detailed accounts for a self-employed business or one or more letting properties then we may need to charge a higher fee after discussion and agreement with yourself.
                If you decide to appoint us to act on your behalf then it is essential that you instruct us without delay. We look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.
                Yours sincerely
                EWAN HAYES

This e-mail and the information it contains is private and confidential. Access by or disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient for any reason other than the business purpose for which the message is intended is unauthorized. Information contained herein is the sole responsibility of the Individual sending the message. No responsibility is admitted by HayesTax Business Advisors for any loss or damage incurred through the use of the e-mail. If you receive this e-mail (or any copy of it) by mistake then please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software. Thank you for your cooperation.
                HayesTax Business Advisors
                33 Hill Head Close-Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 8AL

This email lead me to search the web as I was exceptionally worried by its content and unfortunately these threads have only made me more concerned.

I am in the same boat as the rest of you. I was with Sunday Wealth Management for a 6 month period of 08/09 tax year. I had previously chased Bradbury and Co for updates but naively thought nothing of their 'we're getting round to it' emails.

I have been reading this thread and the thread on moneysavingexpert.com and have a couple of questions:
                1. Has anyone not received anything from Bradbury and Co for their 07/08 tax returns? I have read posts where accounts have been provided but they lacked details and the charges on the account were very high but has anyone not received anything?
                2. Is there any active group of people taking legal action (criminal or civil) against Bradbury to try and recover their money?
                3. Is anyone in direct contact with the police and actively pursuing a case?

I have read lots of complaints but not really seen anyone taking action, is everyone at a point where they are accepting they have lost their money?

Comment

Originally posted by mat64b View Post
                  I have read lots of complaints but not really seen anyone taking action, is everyone at a point where they are accepting they have lost their money?
                  All of it? No, God no. The excessive charges? Perhaps.

BTW, don't touch those accountants. If they can't file their own returns in time, what hope have we of their filing ours. Basically, anyone recommended by Bradbury/Sunday is irrevocably tarnished.

Comment

Contacting Avon and Somerset police

I have read through all the postings on this thread and I too am in the same boat. Fortunately my tax for 07/08 has been settled some time ago through Bradbury & Co for Jan 08 and therefore I have had no reason for concerns until recently. When trying to contact Sunday Solutions, my emails have been returned undelivered and phone calls go to an automated service (so dont waste your time calling).

I decided to take earlier quoted advice and contact the Police. I have rung Avon and Somerset police and recorded an incident number with them against possible fraud. This will be passed to a detective who should be in touch soon. When I know more I will post. Dont email DC Quinn, the email comes back undelivered.

In the mean time I suggest that we all try to pull together.
                    Fortunately my potential loss for 08/09 in tax as yet unpaid should be a modest sum in the single thousands, unlike some of you who clearly have much more to lose.

Perhaps we should create a register of names of all those affected with contact details. I am happy to manage that, if there are no other volunteers.

Feedback appreciated.

Comment

Not ignoring you but...

Originally posted by Zotter View Post
                      16 Shearway Business Park
                      Folkstone
                      Kent
                      CT19 4RK

This is their registered address, it is just an company that gives out their address for other companies to use, so there are no Bradbury staff at this address, but appparently these guys will forward it to the address Bradbury provided to them. Whether that is their real address, nobody knows.

I also have one other address where I know some of the staff use to sit, but not sure if they still do. Send me a private message and I can give that to you. The address above is all over the web.

Who are you using to file the claim? Also, is it for the 07/08 or the 08/09 year?
                      I am using HMRC moneyclaim, It is solely for retrieval of funds that I had deposited in retention account. I am no longer a partner (thank god!), My tax for 07/08 was successfully settled (thank God!) so really just chasing up my refund for funds leftover in the retention account. How do I send you a message to you privately??

Comment

Working...
                      X