• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New VAT reg query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New VAT reg query

I will be registering for FRS but I wondered do I apply for the relevant rate as per normal (given the changes that are coming to FRS) and switch over later?

Personally I wouldn't bother with the FRS if you think you'll be caught by the new rules.

Comment

What are those on here intending to do?

Comment

Get your accountant's advice.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
          Get your accountant's advice.
          You beat NLUK to it. I will, in due course (after he returns from hols).

So what are your plans with regards to VAT?

Comment

Originally posted by DesDixon View Post
            What are those on here intending to do?
            I'll very likely go on to normal VAT.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I'll very likely go on to normal VAT.
              But FRS will still be simpler to operate even with the new band ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                +1 I've always viewed the FRS bonus as just that, it's gone now but given that my expenses are in the main train travel and accountants fees I'll get no benefit (and more hassle) if I switch, and my purchase of a new laptop/phone every 3 years is over 2k anyway so I'll get the VAT back on that anyway, so it's as you were for me!

Comment

Depends on your contracts.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

VAT returns are my accountants problem so no extra work for me.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X