+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Posts 21 to 23 of 23

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I asked direct line about business use when I renewed last year they said business use is included as standard an all of their fully comprehensive policies not just commuting actual business use.. I drive between a few client sites some times a few a day so I needed to be sure I was covered.

They don't bother making the distinction because its a few difference and if someone has an accident in their own car there's very little they can do to prove it was a business or personal journey so its easier all round just to charge the same rate and say its covered.
    Last edited by Snarf; 18th November 2015 at 21:17.

My post count is Majestic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
    When I asked direct line about business use when I renewed last year they said business use is included as standard an all of their fully comprehensive policies not just commuting actual business use.. I drive between a few client sites some times a few a day so I needed to be sure I was covered.

They don't bother making the distinction because its a few difference and if someone has an accident in their own car there's very little they can do to prove it was a business or personal journey so its easier all round just to charge the same rate and say its covered.
    Got to say I'm pretty impressed with Direct Line. I have house insurance with them because it's just so simple. No chosing this and that. Just limits that are all higher than I need with everything all in. None of this adding away from home, listing individual jewellery or having to trawl through to check if stuff at the lads uni is covered. It's all there. Good stuff IMO. I'll be looking at the car insurance next time round.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

キツネの帽子をかぶる

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I switch between Direct Line and Admiral on our cars every couple of years.
    Two cars, both business use, comes in at about 400 per year fully comp in total. Currently with Admiral when Direct Line wanted to put one car up to 350 and the other one at 300.
    When Admiral go to raise the price next year, I'll look around and then probably go back to DL.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3