• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Draw salary from my limited company when out of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not surprising really unfortunately. The guides say you need to submit company paperwork as evidence of savings when applying but I bet they never ask for it. That said if you get clobbered you complaining they didn't ask you won't stand up as a defence. Blindly signing up for something you think you are not eligible for will only come back on you.
    Ah no you fill out the forms generally. They just dont ask for evidence.

But then we all do that every year with our tax return dont we? If you lie and get found out, its your look out.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Another thing to think of. JSA for 3 months. £950. Even in the unlikely event that HMRC say "right thats it no more expenses for you matey", you'd have to incur almost £5K in expenses before losing out.
      I read it as being all your expenses from the start or your company or the period they can go back as they will have proved you are using a vehicle for short term contracts and not a long term relationship with your company... but who knows as per the last line.

Lucky there are so few contractors with under 16k savings+company money out there to make it an issue I guess.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ah no you fill out the forms generally. They just dont ask for evidence.

But then we all do that every year with our tax return dont we? If you lie and get found out, its your look out.
        Not sure how the tax return is a valid example? We fill it in as we are allowed to. You claim jobseekers without making them aware you have more than 16k** company money you are pushing fraud.

** depending on what you are claiming for.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 12 January 2016, 14:31.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not sure how the tax return is a valid example? We fill it in as we are allowed to. You claim jobseekers without making them aware you have more than 16k company money you are pushing fraud.
          I agree. But I never answer anything untruthfully.

I admit if you have savings then this would preclude you of course.

Comment

You claim jobseekers without making them aware you have more than 16k** company money you are pushing fraud.

** if the 16k applies. Mentioned by some guides and not by others.
            He no longer had it, though, he repaid his credit card.
            In fact he probably repaid the Florida holiday

Legally difficult to prove he has done wrong, morally....?
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Another thing to think of. JSA for 3 months. £950. Even in the unlikely event that HMRC say "right thats it no more expenses for you matey", you'd have to incur almost £5K in expenses before losing out.
              No you wouldn't.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                He no longer had it, though, he repaid his credit card.
                In fact he probably repaid the Florida holiday

Legally difficult to prove he has done wrong, morally....?
                Ah you're assuming I have morals....

Comment

Ah you're assuming I have morals....
                  Everyone's morals differ...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Moderator message - certain comments about drawing dividends when you've made a loss, have been moved to here to enable appropriate sarcasm and opprobrium to be applied.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Everyone's morals differ...
                      Yes and mine extend to processing my financial affairs in the best LEGAL way for me.

(Oh hang on, don't a lot of us do this and avoid NI LEGALLY by paying low salary, and dividends)

My morals certainly don't extend to not doing something just because some stranger on a forum pontificates that, in their opinion, its just not right.

As I've always said, its easy to sit on your high horse and spout off on a forum that you're a 'proper' contractor and are so rich you wouldn't lower yourself to go to the job centre. I think in reality, a lot of you would claim just wouldn't admit it.

But I don't care. Claim or don't claim its up to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X