• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DownButNotOut View Post
    Just received an APN for a tax period I wasn't in the scheme (06/07).

They have provided a break down of how HMRC reached their calculation but I had stopped participating in the scheme in Jan 2006.

How is this possible?

I have written to Dawn B to MTM but I have to say I'm rather alarmed to receive an APN of nearly £29,000 (more than the 2 previous years I was in the scheme put together!) WTF
    The only way I can see this is that MTM \ MontP paid you some money in 06/07. Long shot I know but they did this with me due to a cock up on their behalf then, they wouldnt pull the stops out to get the money to be before the next tax year started.

If that isnt the case, then clearly hmrc have made (yet) another mistake.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

that didn't happen

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      The only way I can see this is that MTM \ MontP paid you some money in 06/07. Long shot I know but they did this with me due to a cock up on their behalf then, they wouldnt pull the stops out to get the money to be before the next tax year started.

If that isnt the case, then clearly hmrc have made (yet) another mistake.
      last payment received form MTM was for Jan 06 invoice. I stopped using MTM when my contracted finish on 31/1/2006. I started a new contract with a new client in May 2006 and worked through Edge/Norla EBT. And yes I have the APN for 06/07 for Edge/Norla. So I've got 2 APN's for the same tax period!

Unbelievable. !

Comment

Voting for/against TAA

Currently only 130 have voted, surely there are many, many others who are affected by this and should vote?
        Come on guys/gals, the time for fence sitting is over each and every one of us should be voting.
        DR and others have, and continue to, put an enormous amount of time and effort into NTRT issues, the very least each and every one of us could and should do is spend a few seconds voting.
        Time for solidarity in the ranks is now

Comment

Originally posted by Kevthered View Post
          Currently only 130 have voted, surely there are many, many others who are affected by this and should vote?
          Come on guys/gals, the time for fence sitting is over each and every one of us should be voting.
          DR and others have, and continue to, put an enormous amount of time and effort into NTRT issues, the very least each and every one of us could and should do is spend a few seconds voting.
          To be fair, we had a lot more responses when the initial survey was done on our website back in May.

Keep your eyes peeled for a very important newsletter coming out in the next few days.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            To be fair, we had a lot more responses when the initial survey was done on our website back in May.

Keep your eyes peeled for a very important newsletter coming out in the next few days.
            will it have indicative costs as i presume the cost per head will depend on the no of peeps ie if 50 do it it will cost each person twice as much as if 100 do....
            im guessing its thousands ... possibly 5 or 10 k each?

Comment

I doubt it

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
              will it have indicative costs as i presume the cost per head will depend on the no of peeps ie if 50 do it it will cost each person twice as much as if 100 do....
              im guessing its thousands ... possibly 5 or 10 k each?
              DR stated a few weeks back that NTRT expected it to be roughly inline with what was suggested in the initial survey.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevthered View Post
                And of the 130 who voted, 65 were not members of NTRT.

Most NTRT members who don't watch the thread. Let alone post. At the moment it is manageable - but when you get 80 posts a day very few are going to bother. And 1 of those 80 is an important post by DR.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                  DR stated a few weeks back that NTRT expected it to be roughly inline with what was suggested in the initial survey.
                  i dont know what that was

Comment

All will be revealed shortly. We're hard at work, hence haven't posted.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                      That's why I didn't vote in this election. They are all liars, cheats and thieves.
                      My sentiments exactly. Lining their own pockets!

Comment

Working...
                      X