• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ammending submitted accounts to show profit??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the link below someone has reversed a dividend after consulting with HMRC, even fater ou have submitted your accounts it might be possible,

Can you reverse a dividend? | AccountingWEB

Talk to your accountant.

He should be able to help you, probably depends on HMRC's willingness to accept it.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 February 2015, 11:52.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      According to the link below someone has reversed a dividend after consulting with HMRC. If you haven't submitted your accounts I would have thought it would be possible,
      Did you even read the thread title (let alone the threads first post)?

This isn't general so sadly I cannot comment further....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Did you even read the thread title (let alone the threads first post)?

This isn't general so sadly I cannot comment further....
        If you read the link you would see the subject is about reversing dividends after submitting accounts, and one answer was that they had experienced it and HMRC approved it.

So corrected my answer....

Whether that means it affects the P&L of the year he wants it changed is another matter.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
        X