+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Question Staff entertainment

    Hi,

    I claimed about 300GBP(for me & my wife) under staff entertainment in December. At that time, My wife was not working for my limited company. She recently joined my limited company. She is going to work for only two months in my company.

    How much she is allowed to claim under the staff entertainment given the fact that she is going to work for only two months & already part of my christmas party?

    Whether she can claim the amount only on prorata basis for two months ie 25GBP(2* 150GBP/12months)

    Or she can claim entire amount ie 150GBP. can I be part of that staff entertainment? then, she can claim 300GBP or 50GBP(prorata).

    Need your help....

    thanks,
    Babblu

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    GlenW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Where the sun doesn't shine
    Posts
    1,619
    Thanks (Given)
    46
    Thanks (Received)
    68
    Likes (Given)
    354
    Likes (Received)
    420

    Default

    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    10,640
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    215
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    1352

    Default

    I go to a lap-dancing club for my 'staff' entertainment, phnarr-phnarr....

    Anyway, WGS, can't wait for the cavalry pile-on to commence!

  4. #4

    Umbrella Queen

    LisaContractorUmbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    5,373
    Thanks (Given)
    237
    Thanks (Received)
    224
    Likes (Given)
    353
    Likes (Received)
    506

    Default

    Connect with me on LinkedIn

    Follow us on Twitter.

    ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

  5. #5
    sal
    sal is offline

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    41
    Likes (Given)
    227
    Likes (Received)
    226

    Default

    Did you ask your accountant?

    Spend/claim now, ask questions later attitude FTW.

  6. #6

    Should post faster

    Forbes Young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Offices throughout England
    Posts
    122
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    13
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    Hi,

    I claimed about 300GBP(for me & my wife) under staff entertainment in December. At that time, My wife was not working for my limited company. She recently joined my limited company. She is going to work for only two months in my company.

    How much she is allowed to claim under the staff entertainment given the fact that she is going to work for only two months & already part of my christmas party?

    Whether she can claim the amount only on prorata basis for two months ie 25GBP(2* 150GBP/12months)

    Or she can claim entire amount ie 150GBP. can I be part of that staff entertainment? then, she can claim 300GBP or 50GBP(prorata).

    Need your help....

    thanks,
    Babblu
    There is no taxable benefit where the company spends up to £150 (including vat) on each company worker for the annual Christmas Party. The dispensation also extends to one guest each (partner) for whom the company can also expend up to £150.

    The restaurant/place providing the function should be booked in your company’s name.

    The £150 figure isn't an allowance that can be offset against the cost of more expensive events:
    • if any annual event you provide costs more than £150 per head, there is no exemption and the rules in the section 'Other social functions' apply to the full cost of the event ie if the cost goes over £150 incl vat per person then none of the cost is allowable
    • if you provide more than one annual event, with individual costs below £150 per head but with a combined cost above £150 then only one of the two events is allowable.

    The cost of the can include the cost of transport and/or overnight accommodation. This must be offered/made available to all directors/employees (not be selective).

    Graeme Bennett ACMA MBA

  7. #7

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    3,562
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    147
    Likes (Given)
    168
    Likes (Received)
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    I go to a lap-dancing club for my 'staff' entertainment, phnarr-phnarr....

    Anyway, WGS, can't wait for the cavalry pile-on to commence!
    Don't laugh I knew a US music journalist who takes clients to lap dancing clubs and claims it as client entertainment.

    But even he stops at trying to claim tax relief on the coke

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    24,169
    Thanks (Given)
    774
    Thanks (Received)
    790
    Likes (Given)
    3874
    Likes (Received)
    3280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Don't laugh I knew a US music journalist who takes clients to lap dancing clubs and claims it as client entertainment.

    But even he stops at trying to claim tax relief on the coke
    I suppose as long as they play music it's linked to his profession.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  9. #9

    Fingers like lightning

    JRCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    529
    Thanks (Given)
    55
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes Young View Post
    There is no taxable benefit where the company spends up to £150 (including vat) on each company worker for the annual Christmas Party. The dispensation also extends to one guest each (partner) for whom the company can also expend up to £150.
    As your wife is already your partner (I presume), then you've already spent the £150 per head.

    P.S. It's your Ltd that claims it for her as your partner or an employee. She doesn't claim it as an employee.

    And, as Graeme says, it can't be over £300. You say 'about £300'. If your Ltd has spent £301, then you can't claim any of that.
    Last edited by JRCT; 10th February 2015 at 13:59.

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    31,680
    Thanks (Given)
    124
    Thanks (Received)
    1089
    Likes (Given)
    1569
    Likes (Received)
    5304

    Default

    I claimed about 300GBP(for me & my wife) under staff entertainment in December.
    Did you spend that or just claim it? i.e. did it actually cost more?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.