• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanent to contractor switch ... strategy question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForBajor View Post
    So if I did decide to just hand my notice in - what's the best way to spin it?
    a) Just say I'm going contracting
    b) Make stuff up
    I told them straight up what it was all about - ended up having a meeting with the MD where I passed on some possible dayrates for future project work. I've managed to slot in a week with them next week, as it happens, which was nice.

Comment

Permanent to contractor switch ... strategy question

I've just started a contract off the back of a 6 week notice period (negotiated down from 3 months). Client was happy to wait. They're still looking for more, AFAIK, so if you can get to Canary Wharf and know a bit of Java, I can put you in touch. Also do a couple of days a week from home which may work well for you.

Comment

Working...
      X