• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie with a few questions on contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with a few questions on contracting

Hiya All
    First of all, i should mention what a amazing job everyone in here is doing and it such a help for newbies like me in all aspects of contracting.
    I want to give an overview of my situation before I jump at questions. I decided to take plunge into the contracting world .I have nearly 5 years experience in project management mainly in agile framework in software development environment. And last role has been permanent role.
    I have a couple of questions
    1) is certification really important or play an important role in securing a contractor ?
    2) any PM's, any particular websites for contracting ? Also, should I be investing in scrum master or Prince2 certification (I had to ask this question purely due to the limited availability of funds, I want to invest on certification which will be able to help me get my leg into contracting world as we'll keep me paid )
    3) I uploaded by CV on various job boards and receive contracting agents calls but nothing happens. Anyone please inform me on general process in contracting roles.

Apart from the above, if anyone had any advice for this newbie is very welcomed and useful.

Thanks once again.
    Cheers
    Sri

Working...
X