• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mon - Fri domestic arrangements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mon - Fri domestic arrangements

Hi all. Introducing myself as a jobbing SQL dev from Card in Somerset.

As you can imagine, I struggle to source jobs locally so I spend most of my time flitting between here and the south coast/ Swindon and such like. Well, I've just secured a new role in Southampton and Ive decided to be a little bit more gung-Ho financially with respect to my accommodation arrangements.

You see, I've had enough of packing a little suitcase every Sunday night to be holed up in some little guest house for the next 5 days.

So I've splashed out on a lovely little woodland loggia in the new forest. All self contained and I've rented it for the duration. It ain't cheap but it will certainly buy me some peace of mind.

Should be an inneresting 3 months. Just wondering if any of you take a similar approach or do you just slum it?

Welcome to the forum

Me I slum it purely because I go home weekends and on the other side of the coin I try to keep accommodation costs to a minimum as all I need is a place to sleep, prepare some food and internet access and I'm pretty much happy.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

I hear the Travelodge in Bridgewater is the place to be
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Lodgings - depending how sociable I feel I choose someone who works at night or not.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I am in a sort of similar situation, being a Linux guy with 12 years experience and living in North Yorkshire. I end up, 90% of the time, working away from home. I have found that spareroom.co.UK is a good resource, especially if you are sociable. My current digs are near Cambridge, and I love them!

Comment

Working...
          X