• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

am i self employed or employed ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sliminconcoova View Post
    excellent advice here! I have a quick question too about the whole employeed / self employed. I understand that in the terms I am employed, but I really dont want to deal with the umbrella anymore, any advice on how to get out of it? My T+C's (a fellow contractor did also tell me that they are just a glorified accountant):
    16. TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT
    16.1 This contract of employment is terminable by you on giving the Company one month’s notice in writing, except where you serve notice to terminate your employment during an Assignment, and the notice required under that Assignment is longer than one month, in which case you must give the longer period of notice.

Is this right?
    Is that a serious question? You post your T&C's explaining very clearly how to get out and ask if that is right??? I would stay brolly if I was you....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Is that a serious question? You post your T&C's explaining very clearly how to get out and ask if that is right??? I would stay brolly if I was you....
      I am only asking due to what the other contractor informed me. I have no reason to stay under an umbrella beyond the contract to where I am at now.

Comment

I am only asking due to what the other contractor informed me. I have no reason to stay under an umbrella beyond the contract to where I am at now.
        You are employed under a Contract of Employment which is a legally binding document and therefore you must either abide by the terms or you will be in breach
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          You are employed under a Contract of Employment which is a legally binding document and therefore you must either abide by the terms or you will be in breach
          so there is nothing stopping me, handing in my notice at the end of this contract, setting up a ltd company and working under that at the same time as the notice period?

Comment

so there is nothing stopping me, handing in my notice at the end of this contract, setting up a ltd company and working under that at the same time as the notice period?
            Yes because your umbrella company would be issuing invoices for the work that you do whilst you're under notice
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
            X