• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using umbrella company for contractor work in Italy and being spanish national

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using umbrella company for contractor work in Italy and being spanish national

Hi all,

I know there must be older threads where I might find the information I am asking about in here. While I look for it I have taken the freedom to post my question.

I may start in the near future working for an italian company and have been advised to use an umbrella company. From a friend I know that you can deal directly with the recruitment agent that found the job for me, and I would be a "freelance contractor".

If I get this new job opportunity I would move back to Spain from England, where I have been living for the last 15 months. I don't know if I should go with the umbrella option, start an UK-Ltd and, after three months take a look at my possibilities with Spanish HMRC, or go directly as an "autonomo" dealing directly with the recruitment agency as my contractor, or with the company benefiting from my services.

I am a bit of a mess right now. I will really appreciate any advise I could be given. Or any pointing to past threads.

cheers!

Originally posted by aerospain View Post
    Hi all,

I know there must be older threads where I might find the information I am asking about in here. While I look for it I have taken the freedom to post my question.

I may start in the near future working for an italian company and have been advised to use an umbrella company. From a friend I know that you can deal directly with the recruitment agent that found the job for me, and I would be a "freelance contractor".

If I get this new job opportunity I would move back to Spain from England, where I have been living for the last 15 months. I don't know if I should go with the umbrella option, start an UK-Ltd and, after three months take a look at my possibilities with Spanish HMRC, or go directly as an "autonomo" dealing directly with the recruitment agency as my contractor, or with the company benefiting from my services.

I am a bit of a mess right now. I will really appreciate any advise I could be given. Or any pointing to past threads.

cheers!
    Hi Aerospain

It may be that the agency will not give you the option of being paid directly by them in which case your options are to open your own Limited Company or to work through an umbrella company. If you are intending to move back to Spain within the next couple of months I am not sure that it would be worthwhile opening a Limited Company in the UK unless you intend to return within a reasonable period and the Italian company would be happy to deal with a UK limited company. An umbrella company would be your simplest option if you intend to relocate to Spain permanently as your tax liabilities from your earnings with the agency are dealt with each time that you are paid i.e. through PAYE

HTH
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
    X