• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surely this can't be legal/moral?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Copeland View Post
    Thanks to those who responded. I am now talking with an accountant to go the Ltd. Co. route.

I like to sleep at night. Dave
    Wise man
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
      I know exactly what djshuggg means. Some give you a list of "preferred umbrellas", some dictate you have to use their agreed one.

The consequences if you don't go along with it Lisa is they won't give you the assignment and might not bother offering you any in the future. Some may be able to afford to pass up work, but a lot of us just have to get in bed with the devil and hope everything works out.

Some agencies may say when pressed, they will pay you through your own limited company if you have one.
      I actually got told by a client co that they would only renew if I went with a brolly.

Was a stipulation made by their end customer who was a local gov organization.

Comment

This is the third post you have quoted Wim121 today and you dredged this up from 8th August? Something going on here? You two coming out because it is Feb 14th?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          I actually got told by a client co that they would only renew if I went with a brolly.

Was a stipulation made by their end customer who was a local gov organization.
          I would guess that this was because they perceive less risk from legislation if an individual is employed by an umbrella company rather than self-employed although status and therefore liability are determined by tribunals and therefore this perspective can't be relied upon. And why have you dredged up WIM121??????
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
          X