• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another which Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another which Umbrella

I am currently engaged with AMS/PSR and have a good year left to run on my assignment.

When I started the contract initially, I went with their sister company (Giant) for my umbrella services.

At a request of the end client, I attended two meetings at their customers site. Travel Expenses were approved and paid but the pain I have been through to have the tax reversed on these expenses has been ridiculous.

I am now on my ninth email and Giant either ignore my emails or say “you didn’t attach any receipts” when I did and, well, the endless circle of emails resumes.

I've decided to cut my losses and move Umbrella, AMS state I can only use the following:
    • Advance
    • Amaze Umbrella Limited
    • Brookson Solutions Limited
    • Danbro
    • Giant
    • ICS Umbrella Limited
    • JSA / Workwell Solutions
    • Nasa Umbrella Limited
    • Parasol Limited
    • Paystream My Max Limited
    • Sapphire DNP Limited
    • SG Umbrella Limited
    So, which umbrella can be vouched for as being half decent? I currently pay £40 a week for Giant, the “benefits” are crap and the only benefit of use is paying into my own SIPP which I would like to keep doing.

Research is suggesting Paystream or Danbro but welcome lived experiences.

Thanks

Cam

Working...
X