• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Umbrella Company is good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Umbrella Company is good?

I have just secured a new contract and my agency has sent me a list of approved Umbrella companies. I have checked the reviews online and Sterling and nasa both got good reviews.

Here is the list, if someone can share their experience then it would be great.

- jmk group
    - sterling group
    - nasa group
    - clippper
    - umbrella.co.uk

We get these lists regularly so best to use the google search method to see if anyone else has already mentioned them.

Go to google and type in <umbrella name> site:forums.contractoruk.com and you'll get all the threads that umbrella was mentioned in. Just check the dates as it will look at all posts in the forums for ever.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sdyson31 View Post
      I have just secured a new contract and my agency has sent me a list of approved Umbrella companies. I have checked the reviews online and Sterling and nasa both got good reviews.

Here is the list, if someone can share their experience then it would be great.

- jmk group
      - sterling group
      - nasa group
      - clippper
      - umbrella.co.uk
      I am with Nasa, and would recommned. However if you find an umbrella that suits you better that is not on the pre approved list you can try to negotiate to use them instead
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've had four umbrellas in pretty quick succession.

The only one that hasn't made big mistakes (cost me money, held money back, owed me money) is NASA.

Its only been 2 months but they've been far and away the best, every step of the way.....so far

Comment

I also use NASA and would recommend. Was with Orange Genie before and they were also fine. Like both of these because they let you make pension contributions to a personal SIPP.

Comment

Working...
          X