• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE v Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updating my own thread here, did the 3 months contract up to Christmas on PAYE through the agency which worked out okay, always paid on time expenses paid after submission great stuff.

Took another 6 months FTC contract with another trust (after being asked if I was interested by a former boss) this is direct with the trust (no agency involvement) this one is not so good, firstly I have had to pay pension contributions to the NHS at 9% I realized this to late to opt out so my take home is not as expected, lesson learned PAYE through Agency YES, PAYE direct - NO

Comment

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
      Just updating my own thread here, did the 3 months contract up to Christmas on PAYE through the agency which worked out okay, always paid on time expenses paid after submission great stuff.

Took another 6 months FTC contract with another trust (after being asked if I was interested by a former boss) this is direct with the trust (no agency involvement) this one is not so good, firstly I have had to pay pension contributions to the NHS at 9% I realized this to late to opt out so my take home is not as expected, lesson learned PAYE through Agency YES, PAYE direct - NO
      Said it before, will say it again. An FTC is not a contract, it's a permie role with a limited life and reduced benefits.

Contracting in the NHS is a bloody mess, not to put too fine a point on it, and always has been. It's even worse now the IR35 determinations have changed. It's about time the various locums and temps caught up with the actual legislation governing their working practices.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X