• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Discreet contract via Umbrella - expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discreet contract via Umbrella - expenses

Hi,

So I am aware that if you work a single contract via an Umbrella that the location is not considered to be a temporary place of work and therefore you cannot offset your expenses.

Does anyone know if this rule still applies if the location is in Germany and payroll is under German payroll (AUG). Therefore could the relief be cancelled out by HMRC when I complete a SA for the year end.

Cheers for any help
    MW
    Last edited by Midland White; 20 November 2014, 13:00.

If I have understood your question correctly, you are referring to contract income which is earned and taxed in Germany and expenses incurred whilst on that contract? If so your tax obligations have been met and the income and expenses will not need to be declared on a SA
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

OK thanks very much.

Every day is a school day - I always thought it would have to be declared on the SA as income earned from foreign sources regardless of any tax liability or not.

Comment

Working...
      X