• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick summary of impending changes in April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes you're right, I did put bonuses in single quotes to mean not really a true bonus.

Divis are bonuses in that they are unpredictable as far as knowing for sure what profit will be in play at the end of a tax year when you start that tax year. Even those contractors doing income splits between PAYE/Divis don't know for sure how many billable days they may work in the next year or if the current contract will last that year.

POA should be optional if it really is being sold as a benefit to the self employed to pay their future tax in instalments.

Do we get interest from HMRC if we overpay tax via POA? If so is it at the same interest rate we have to pay for late tax payments? Could be a nice little earner if it was paying better interest rates than typical savings accounts.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      POA should be optional if it really is being sold as a benefit to the self employed to pay their future tax in instalments.
      You are going to have a hard life if you believe people take money from you for your benefit, whether those people are paid by HMG or not.
      Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Do we get interest from HMRC if we overpay tax via POA?
      You will attract a lot of interest from them if you underpay, but maybe not the kind of interest you meant.

Comment

Working...
      X