• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A suggestion - for free - for critique

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    This is an argument that we've had with HMRC but they will provide their own interpretation once they publish new legislation with the corresponding examples to illustrate. As JamesBrown says HMRC's interpretation will eventually be judged in Court and it may be that their interpretation is not that of the Judge who's looking at the case. The real point at issue is that determination for status will lie with the end client - a risk averse company could decide that it's not worth risking debt transfer and they will deem that all contractors are under SDC, a similarly risk averse company could decide that with SDC lies the risk of employer liabilities so they will decide all contractors are not under SDC. Until 25th November we won't know what's going to happen.
    I really hope this turns out well... I feel like I'm being mugged multiple times by the government at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by chubacabra View Post
      I really hope this turns out well... I feel like I'm being mugged multiple times by the government at the moment!
      "Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it"

Ronald Reagan
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        "Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it"

Ronald Reagan

Except for multinationals like Facebook et al.

Comment

Working...
        X