• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA - Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fool View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it's a case of offshore / onshore. I constantly work with contractors who invent reasons to use new technologies or want to bang on everything with the same hammer.

It's hard to find good people who deliver elegant solutions. Once you find them, you should pay to keep them.
    Unfortunately true in a lot of cases. Recently I have been depressed by the amount of dross on the UK contractor market.
    However, I stand by the fact that offshore are far more difficult to manage, day to day.

Having spent a lot of time in India, since I went in the mid 70's, the cultural difference is the main problem, IMO. Caste plays a major role too.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hello unemployment and housing shortage .... This is how one creates them.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Unfortunately true in a lot of cases. Recently I have been depressed by the amount of dross on the UK contractor market.
        However, I stand by the fact that offshore are far more difficult to manage, day to day.

Having spent a lot of time in India, since I went in the mid 70's, the cultural difference is the main problem, IMO. Caste plays a major role too.
        I've found culture to be the biggest issue. So lack of taking responsibility and owning up to problems. Also, there is often a rush to do something fast and not necessarily in the best way, whatever gets praise the fastest.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I've found culture to be the biggest issue. So lack of taking responsibility and owning up to problems. Also, there is often a rush to do something fast and not necessarily in the best way, whatever gets praise the fastest.
          They also tend to follow whatever they are told to do without question.

Comment

Guys, correct, on both counts.

One is cultural the second to do with caste.
            The boss normally gets treated as a god by his subordinates that follow him without question.

Completely the opposite to what you want in IT work, really
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
            X