• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Creating a web user interface

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSR-356 & 353 (WebSockets & JSON) might be of interest, instead of Ajax. You can keep a socket open for the whole session and just pass javascript messages back and forth. A few annotations and you're good to go.
    They're part of the JEE standard now.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      JSR-356 & 353 (WebSockets & JSON) might be of interest, instead of Ajax. You can keep a socket open for the whole session and just pass javascript messages back and forth. A few annotations and you're good to go.
      They're part of the JEE standard now.
      I planned to just have standard spring MVC controller behind the rest URLs returning JSON to the ajax requests for now.

I've managed to persuade client co to give me a couple of weeks to spend on the whole project so I might look at websockets and single page apps and loads of slick stuff later but I don't want to have too much to learn and I still have to spec and write the API module and a templating system for creating new "applications" on the platform yet. That is the bulk of the work as it needs to programatically create and deploy resources into the container depending on the template.
      Last edited by doodab; 6 May 2014, 14:11.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X