• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macbook Pro SSD upgrade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    Just finished cloning the drive. 360GB in 4hrs 40mins. I did get a bit confused about why it was "blessing" the drive at the end though!

The very sad and slightly disconcerting thing is that my test boot from the new drive in a USB2.0 cradle was far faster than my normal drive boot...
    'Blessing' is the old OS9 and previous term for 'making bootable'!

Comment

I was right... the biggest pain is Office. It point blank refused to run, requiring the key be entered, my key then said activated too many times. The Microsoft helldesk was about as useless as BT's helldesk in getting someone to understand that it was just a HD upgrade, the rest of the machine was still the same and, no, it wasn't a new PC I was trying to install Office for Mac 2011 on. FFS.

Comment

Never mind that, is it quick?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Never mind that, is it quick?
          Blazingly quick. Timed from on to last boot item loaded (Viber) at 24 seconds. I turned on a Win7 VM that's been playing up lately and it loaded in 17 seconds rather than the couple of minutes it was before.

Still need to work out a reasonable way to do my Bootcamp as I can't find my Win7 license key.

Comment

Working...
          X