• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky Go on Windows RT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky Go on Windows RT

Ok, I've done a lot of research and it seems that this is a no goers, but I thought I'd try on here, in case someone clever has found a solution.

MS Surface 2 uses Windows RT. This does not support MS Silverlight. Sky Go (and others) use Silverlight as their media software and therefore I cannot use Sky Go on the Surface tablet.

It's in Sky's hands apparently to develop an app or come up with an alternative, but they aren't that bothered.

So, if anyone has invented something that you've come across, then please let me know.

No Silverlight on Windows RT? That's crap.

Perhaps you could use your tablet to remote desktop to something that does work, like an Android tablet. Alternatively, just use the Android tablet.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Doesn't work OSX 10.7 on either, some thing to with Airplay I think.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        No Silverlight on Windows RT? That's crap.

Perhaps you could use your tablet to remote desktop to something that does work, like an Android tablet. Alternatively, just use the Android tablet.
        I have thought that I must be able to effectively use my tablet as a 'monitor' for my Android phone and see it through that.

Apparently Silverlight is soooooo yesterday and so MS are no longer supporting it. Users will eventually due something else, but until that happens, I'm stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Doesn't work OSX 10.7 on either, some thing to with Airplay I think.
          It used to work on 10.7, and still does on 10.9

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            It used to work on 10.7, and still does on 10.9
            Doesn't for me - well it does sometimes until reboot then it says I have used all my devices...

That was a while ago tho - I'll try it now!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Doesn't for me - well it does sometimes until reboot then it says I have used all my devices...

That was a while ago tho - I'll try it now!
              Tried it, it worked yesterday, now it says not licenced, and cos I made the change yesterday, I have to wait a month....

Masturbators....

Now I have to watch the Sum get stuffed on the iPhone...

Comment

Odd. I know Sky think it's a different device when you upgrade the OS so you have to remove it and add it again, but it shouldn't stop working again if nothing has changed.

Comment

Working...
                X