• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for decent speakers for the home office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos box. I also have a Samsung soundbar and wireless sub woofer that was about 200 quid that's pretty handy. Its got various inputs including bluetooth
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Well yes but then you're still going to have cables to the actual speakers. If you're going down the bluetooth adapter route the world is your oyster really as you can use anything.

I probably have a distorted sense of value anyway as I'd look at something like this as a cheap but decent small speaker, rather than the usual creative / logitech / etc option. I actually have the older version ESI ones on my desk

ESI Aktiv 05 Active Studio Monitor - Pair | DV247

M-Audio BX5 D2 Active Studio Monitors | DV247

These are a bit more expensive...

Adam A3X Active Studio Monitors - Pair | DV247

Focal CMS 40 Powered Reference Monitors - Pair | DV247

Apologies to the OP for going wildly off topic, I realise this isn't what you're looking for...
      Thanks - I'm looking for sth in this class/ price range

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Cheers d000hg, this might be just what I'm after and not a bad price!
        I went for this in the end Philips soundbar and speaker.

Worked really well with both laptops and phone for a couple of hours before it stopped working. Very easy to setup though does have the shortest power cable I have ever seen.

Going to try a replacement which should arrive Saturday. Obviously can't recommend it yet until its worked for at least a day

Comment

I was impressed with http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BBUUDQE and that's for our living room main TV!

I decided a dedicated sub probably served no purpose other than annoy the neighbours in our new-build house
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I went for this in the end Philips soundbar and speaker.

Worked really well with both laptops and phone for a couple of hours before it stopped working. Very easy to setup though does have the shortest power cable I have ever seen.

Going to try a replacement which should arrive Saturday. Obviously can't recommend it yet until its worked for at least a day
            There's your answer: Phillips.

I gave up on their gear years ago because whatever of theirs I bought, it always packed up on me.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              There's your answer: Phillips.

I gave up on their gear years ago because whatever of theirs I bought, it always packed up on me.
              Yeah its pretty worrying that it worked for two hours, then stopped. You take your risks when you pay for cheap gear.

Comment

Not really cheap, and it has decent reviews. If most of their stuff broke, they'd go bankrupt...
                Luckily Amazon will replace it immediately.

I think it's more likely things get damaged in transit...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X