• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any PL/SQL experts here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm lost - knock up a quick table creation script and data script for someone to work through, and bung it on OTN (https://community.oracle.com/communi...sql_and_pl_sql)
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Well the recordset | have looks like this

Code:
      INT_ID  EXTERNAL_ID          ISSUE_CNTRY_CD LOC_CRRNCY_CD ASSET_CRRNCY_CD TICKER (...etc)
      14701   10909534             IE             EUR           EUR             IRISH 
      46189   103204741            DE             EUR           EUR             DBR    
      3908    10909129             NL             EUR           EUR             NETHER 
      41955   63212925             LU             EUR           EUR             LGB 
      45398   88455125             IE             EUR           EUR             IRISH
      (etc)
      The above recordset has a dynamic set of columns (e.g. next run there may be no TICKER column, or some additional column(s) may appear). I need to create a second recordset from this data, of a known and fixed layout and with a larger number of columns, that is the columns in the first recordset are a subset of those in the second. Columns that are in the second recordset but not the first need top be NULL.

It's the dynamic nature of the columnset that gives me the headache. The answer's probably staring me in the proverbial, but my brain isn't seeing it ...
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Done : https://community.oracle.com/thread/2618239
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
          First response will be "what database version are you on?" so I'd get that in there before that
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

One last go to try and get my head round it - does (for example) TICKER always go into the same column in the target table? Or is the target table something like COL1, COL2, COL3 etc and it goes into any one of those?

Comment

Can you use a global temporary table to store the output?
              Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Working...
              X