• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time stretching..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time stretching..

Anybody dabbled with anything like this?

i.e taking a wav or mpeg file and then slowing down the speed without changing the pitch of the music.

anyone know where I can get some code for this? Preferably VB..

Or are the algorithms etc.. involved too complex for such code to be floating around on the internet.
    Last edited by BradNeedsYourHelp; 10 August 2006, 20:45.

Slowing it down with changing the pitch is easy.

Not changing the pitch is a bit harder and probably involves scary stuff like fourier analysis. Must be pleanty of wav editors that'll do it.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

download a copy of The Amazing Slowdowner. It was developed for slowing down CD's but can play MP3's also. It maintains the pitch while allowing you to speed up or slow down the track. You can get a crack for it on emule as the download copy is limited to tracks which are 2 mins in length.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Also SlowWav.exe, SlowMp3.Exe and SlowContractor.Exe
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If, like Threaded, you travel at relatavistic speeds on your bicycle, you will notice this phenomenon all around you anyway without the need for fancy software.

Comment

Working...
          X