• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a platform to do simple active web scripting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a platform to do simple active web scripting

Hi, I'm looking to build a series of pages with some server-side logic when transitioning from one to another. The simpler the better, think of a wordpress with python/flask or php.

E.g. page 1: user registration (persist user id + hashed password). Page 2: collect some additional information. Page 3: present some choices based on the entries in page 2 and allow active components e.g. a slider to adjust these parameters. Page 4: More output based on the entries in pages 3 and 4. Must support

Perhaps some lightweight database in the background to store user data and lightweight scripting: more like flask rather than django.

What sort of things spring to mind?

Thank you.

Does wordpress support php or python?

Comment

Have a look at Umbraco, a good basic CMS, but great to build around and very flexible

I normally build them in C#, Ajax libraries and CSS3, with a sprinkling of Python where suitable

It's easy to pick up too
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Are you sure you're not just doing a survey?
        In which case surveymonkey will probably allow you to customise quite a bit in the paid for variants.

Comment

Do you mind using ASP.NET with knockout JS?

ASP.NET Single Page Application : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site
          I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Working...
          X