• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vb "proof" to tablet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vb "proof" to tablet

I've written a system in vb using visual studio, I'd like to output a "proof" document which could be used on a tablet to get a customer signature and then store the signed document.

Anyone got any thoughts/pointers/ideas/links

Originally posted by mrpies
    Can you not just send a PDF? There's numerous PDF signing apps/document readers in the app stores. You'd obviously have to build the logistics around getting it to them and back (just an e-mail?), but I may have misunderstood your question.
    Yes, that was my thought to.

You could email it or the user could download it from the web.

Comment

Sorry, not very clear, the proof will be on a tablet that I will be physically putting in front of the customer to sign.

How do I output a PDF from a vb app?

Comment

Thanks for that, I'll do some googling.

My system runs on a network of desktops/laptops the proof will be output to a dropbox, picked up on a tablet (or large format smartphone), signed and stored back in the dropbox.

The system currently outputs a job sheet to a printer, so I'll look to do the same for the proof but use a plug in.

Comment

Working...
        X