• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Differences between Photoshop CS6 and CC ("Creative Cloud")

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences between Photoshop CS6 and CC ("Creative Cloud")

What are they?

I read somewhere recently that Adobe were planning to make Photoshop a remote access system, where one "rents" image & video processing via the Web. So that may be what "Creative Cloud" means. I don't like the sound of that, as I'd rather have the app on my own PC. Now might be a good time to fork out for CS6 if it will be the final "native" version.

Anyone have more details, or a link to a summary of new CC features and where Adobe plan to go with Photoshop?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

CS 6 is as you suspectedthe last standalone version of Photoshop being sold, so if you want a version with uptodate RAW file support when you get a new camera, and to have the latest whizzy Photoshop features then it's the Creative Cloud or go for something else like Adobe Lightroom

It wouldn't be so but they've also killed of Fireworks

The cloud version is really to make piracy a lot harder and to please their shareholders by generating a constant rental stream rather than have tight fisted users only upgrade every few versions thus not giving money to Adobe every year, so in essense it's all for the benefit of shareholders rather than you

And worse as you're just renting the use of it, cancel your subscription and you can't use Creative Cloud anymore just like any other cloud service
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I've just signed up to it, you download the Applications and run them on your PC as normal - however I suspect if you stop paying the CC part of it will cobble your apps next time you connect to the internet...

So far I've downloaded and used Illustrator, Photoshop & Dreamweaver.
      Still Invoicing

Comment

And, of course, the biggest difference between Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC is what the previous poster indicated: CS6 is a perpetual license while is CC is "pay forever" subscription.

Comment

Working...
        X