• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Android TV box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV box?

Hi, anyone uses Android TV boxes? Mele looks good (search on YouTube).

Any opinions appreciated!

Duplicate, pls delete.

Comment

I bought an MK809. It works, but it was a bit of waste of money really. You can use YouTube/iPlayer/ stream off other devices, but none of it integrates that well and is all a bit clumsy to use. But YMMV.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I bought an MK809. It works, but it was a bit of waste of money really. You can use YouTube/iPlayer/ stream off other devices, but none of it integrates that well and is all a bit clumsy to use. But YMMV.
        WHS although I got the MK808

the problem with these devices is that xbmc which would be perfect on them, cannot use the hardware acceleration so video can be a bit rubbish.

Having said that, they do play HD video perfectly well on something like mx player and you can use plex to stream from your PC/Media server

I've rooted mine and reflashed with this:
        NEW - MK808-B (original) JB 4.2.2 Official - Finless ROM 2.1

There are other cheap linux devices around which might be better at running XBMC which is what you want from a device like this

If you are into your retro gaming and have a PS3 controller then you'll find that the Android sticks do make excellent little games devices as well. I've got snesdroid running on mine and happily played Super Mario Kart and Super Mario World and few other games

And finally... Spotify now runs in Landscape mode on Android so you can have that playing as well
        Last edited by Spacecadet; 30 July 2013, 20:15.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X