• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PDF Password Removal (OSX)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF Password Removal (OSX)

Agency is sending me remittance advice in a protected PDF, which is a pain in the arse, anyone know of an easy way to remove the known password? It won't let me save a new copy, I can't print out a new copy without the password
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Yes, it's quite simple and only takes a few minutes.

1. Phone agency
    2. Ask them to send the file without the password protection.

Or

1. Purchase a cluster of super computers.
    2. Crack using brute strength over the coming months.

Or

1. Find the mathematical solution for factoring large prime numbers
    2. Claim Nobel Prize
    3. Decode pdf file

HTH BIDI

Comment

Or google osx PDF password remover

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Or google osx PDF password remover
        Or install XPDF plus the patch that's out there somewhere which bypasses the password check. You will need to recompile it after adding the patch of course.

Oh and have X11 handy to run it.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

what is the point of password protection if there are tools to bypass it ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Exactly.

Phone agency. I know it means talking to another (sub) human, but give it a go.

Tell them you can bypass the password anyway so why do they bother?

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you had Adobe Acrobat you'd be able to re-save without the password. I don't know if there are any free alternatives for the Mac but that would be where I'd start.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                I'm pretty sure if you had Adobe Acrobat you'd be able to re-save without the password. I don't know if there are any free alternatives for the Mac but that would be where I'd start.
                Bingo!

Was opening it in reader which didn't allow me to make the changes
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X