• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone tracker app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone - check
    Wallet - check

not exactly a huge list of things to remember is it?

good grief!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Phone - check
      Wallet - check

not exactly a huge list of things to remember is it?

good grief!

Spectacles, testicles, nexus 4 and watch.

I used to use where's my droid, glad I haven't had a need to use it as the commander has been down for months.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Just asked around and 'seekdroid' was recommended.

Installed, signed up and located my N7 within about 10ft via the web page, very simple yet powerful.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Re: Phone tracker app

I wrote my own in tasker. That way it doesnt rely on mobile data being on (when my screen is locked I have data off apart from regular polling to save battery). On receiving a predefined sms my phone turns on gps and mobile data and sends a return sms and email of my phones location complete with photos from the cameras.

All for the price of Tasker.
          Last edited by bluetoaster; 26 April 2013, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
            I wrote my own in tasker. That way it doesnt rely on mobile data being on (when my screen is locked I have data off apart from regular polling to save battery). On receiving a predefined sms my phone turns on gps and mobile data and sends a return sms and email of my phones location complete with photos from the cameras.

All for the price of Tasker.
            I'd try to sell that if I was you.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I'd try to sell that if I was you.
              I'd have to support it then and tbh I can't be arsed.

If anyone wants the profiles I'm happy to forward them on. Thinking about it I'm using email me pro which cost an almighty £1.23 to send the emails on top of the £2.99 for tasker.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Spectacles, testicles, nexus 4 and watch.
                My little mantra before I leave the house is "Wallet, phone, keys. Inhaler (I'm asthmatic), watch, pass (if I have a client pass)". My wife even had cufflinks made up with this printed on them.

Of course, "laptop" isn't on that list, but I've only left the house once or twice without in, in the foggy mind of early mornings!

Comment

Originally posted by bluetoaster View Post
                  I'd have to support it then and tbh I can't be arsed.

If anyone wants the profiles I'm happy to forward them on. Thinking about it I'm using email me pro which cost an almighty £1.23 to send the emails on top of the £2.99 for tasker.

That sounds very useful. I'm not sure if you can IM the profiles or not. If you are ever around for a CUK drinks or dining event I shall supply the necessary fluid in recompense.
                  SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    My little mantra before I leave the house is "Wallet, phone, keys. Inhaler (I'm asthmatic), watch, pass (if I have a client pass)". My wife even had cufflinks made up with this printed on them.

Of course, "laptop" isn't on that list, but I've only left the house once or twice without in, in the foggy mind of early mornings!
                    I regularly forget my laptop. Fortunately, office is only 6 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      Just asked around and 'seekdroid' was recommended.

Installed, signed up and located my N7 within about 10ft via the web page, very simple yet powerful.
                      Looks good - just installed it, and successfully found my phone and sent an alarm.

Comment

Working...
                      X