• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Storyboard / Prototype tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storyboard / Prototype tool

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick easy prototyping tool? I'm having to put together screen designs for a major product release and I'm presently using Powerpoint but it's taking an absolute age. I need to have tabs available, checkboxes, dropdowns etc , something really easy & fast to use. Ideally even the ability to toggle some things on and off (ie. make fields visible/invisible) based on a checkbox. Even navigate between forms?

Any good suggestions?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Try Balsamiq.

Looks good but not sure how interactive it is.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
      Try Balsamiq.

Looks good but not sure how interactive it is.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
      Thanks. Looks quite amaterish. Need something that will actually look like the finished article.

Comment

Mockingbird https://gomockingbird.com/
        Or see this for more options:

Top Tools for Mockups and Wireframes

It might also be handy to develop a wix website from wix.com or one if those free html5 template websites and customise them for your purposes. They will also look more realistic.
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Thanks. Looks quite amaterish. Need something that will actually look like the finished article.
          +1 for Balsamiq.

I like the style, it's supposed to reinforce "this is just a design" than a more polished image

Comment

++1 for gomockingbird

The entire point of prototyping tools or prototypes is that they DON'T look like the finished article.

If you give users the finished looking article they will ask for what you have produced THEN ask for it to be tweaked once you have finished it.

If you give users a prototype which is clearly NOT the finished article they will ask you for tweaks BEFORE you have finished it.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              ++1 for gomockingbird

The entire point of prototyping tools or prototypes is that they DON'T look like the finished article.

If you give users the finished looking article they will ask for what you have produced THEN ask for it to be tweaked once you have finished it.

If you give users a prototype which is clearly NOT the finished article they will ask you for tweaks BEFORE you have finished it.
              +1. Gotta agree with that. I suggested WIX website only because OP seemingly wanted to create something that looked close to a finished product. But yes, wireframes are like pencil sketches, simply to illustrate the layout and basic user experience/interface.
              I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
                +1. Gotta agree with that. I suggested WIX website only because OP seemingly wanted to create something that looked close to a finished product. But yes, wireframes are like pencil sketches, simply to illustrate the layout and basic user experience/interface.
                I've got a bunch of stupid users who can't seem to get their heads around simple mockups and so I need something to look, feel and act like the finish article. The only issue is, it's actually quicker to mock the thing up in the SAAS platform I'm using then use a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I've got a bunch of stupid users who can't seem to get their heads around simple mockups and so I need something to look, feel and act like the finish article.
                  Sounds like that's exactly what you don't need. Either that or you build the finished article and then build it again once they figure out what they want.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

At the risk of duplicating my post on the Excel thread; use MS-Access.

It's quick and easy to make mock up forms with all the controls you'd normally use, you can even build some basic navigation into it with out the need for actual data behind the forms. I've often used if for aesthetics and 'usability' checks.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X