• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Colour Matching Of Image

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour Matching Of Image

Does anyone know of a service that I can upload an image and it can match the exact colour in a certain part of it?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Does anyone know of a service that I can upload an image and it can match the exact colour in a certain part of it?
    Do it locally with ColorPic

Been using it for years.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

The colour you see in the image depends on your display device and how the values in the image are mapped to it's gamut. Unless your screen and viewing envionment is calibrated the chances are the colour you see is a bit different than what you'll see on another screen, or what could technically be called the 'exact colour'.

Having said that, LAB coordinates are probably the best way to specify an exact colour, you can get those by looking at the image in photoshop. You could also get a pantone swatch book and match the colour by eye.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Quick and dirty, download GIMP (its free, click on the colour with the eyedropper and it will give you hex/rgb values for the colour. Will not be exact unless you have a fully calibrated system, but will probably be close enough.

Comment

Working...
        X