• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photoshop - Buying the full Monty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen Photoshop CS6 advertised for c £350, which seems suspiciously cheap, and is perhaps either a cut down version or obsolescent if CS7 is just round the corner.

What should I be buying to get the full Photoshop package? Perhaps it would make sense to go the whole hog and
    order a complete Adobe suite, if this option is available.

Also, if Adobe have published a release schedule, roughly when is CS7 (or whatever the next major version will be called) due for release?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

With Photoshop I have learnt, if you think you need it you will pay any price for it, if you don't need it there are just as good alternatives out there which are a fraction of the price
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Have a look at Adobe Creative Cloud, full access to the CS suite as a subscription model

Comment

Photoshop CS6 is about £650, CS6 Extended is about £950 I think so yes, it is suspiciously cheap.

The full Creative Suites are even more expensive, £1200 minimum I think, and up to about £2500 for the Master Collection. I don't use it often enough to justify that and when I have needed it I've been able to do whatever I needed on a client machine with it installed. I think if I do need it for my own use I'll go for the cloud subscription and use it for as long as I need it, then cancel.

Comment

Oh, and photoshop doesn't become obsolete as soon as a new one comes out. The older versions will lack some of the cooler new features like Content Aware but you can still do pretty much everything.

Comment

Depends where you're buying it from. I got a 50% off deal from Amazon last year

Comment

I bought CS5.x when I was a student a couple of years back. I was allowed to upgrade to CS6 from a student version of CS5 for £180 (or thereabouts). Sorry for rubbing it in.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but Photoshop will have to wait for a month or two now because the next thing on my list is a Casio PX350 Digital piano, which has had rave reviews and is relatively cheap
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Oh, and photoshop doesn't become obsolete as soon as a new one comes out. The older versions will lack some of the cooler new features like Content Aware but you can still do pretty much everything.
                  WHS. I'm stilll using photoshop 7, the only thing I would like it to do that it doesn't is direct import of camera RAW files, so if I need to do anything in PS I process them to a 16 bit TIFF beforehand.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Have a look at Adobe Creative Cloud, full access to the CS suite as a subscription model
                    https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...Method=SUB_NEW £27 / month and you'll always have the most up to date version of Photoshop (and some other goodies they throw in with the Creative cloud) - Not a bad deal, especially if you can stop paying on months you don't use it...

Comment

Working...
                    X