• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which tablet that supports voice calls?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tablet that supports voice calls?

I need a device that I can surf on but will also make standard 3g voice calls. I know I can just use a voice application but I want a device that will make and receive GSM/3G voice calls and support text messaging. Ideally, I would also like SD or mini SD card memory expansion as well as USB connectivity. I haven't decided whether a 7" or 10" is needed.

What are the options? I'm told that the Samsung's support voice calling but how good are they as tablets and are there any other options?

I think the Galaxy Tabs only support calls through the bluetooth S-PEN
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh...not any old bluetooth headset?

Comment

mmm...I expected more interest than that

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
          mmm...I expected more interest than that
          Think its because everyone tends to always carry a gsm smartphone with them and see the tablet more as an auxiliary device where its voip and video calling features are more important than standard gsm.

Doing a quick Google on gsm capable tablets shows that a few DO support it but most ones I saw looked like rubbishy makes I hadn't heard of.

Is voip not an option?

Comment

With an Android tablet and phone, you can use something like Tablet Talk to pair the two up (via WiFi or Bluetooth), then you can send texts from the tablet, and initiate calls if you have a Bluetooth headset too.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
              With an Android tablet and phone, you can use something like Tablet Talk to pair the two up (via WiFi or Bluetooth), then you can send texts from the tablet, and initiate calls if you have a Bluetooth headset too.
              Is that teathering though?

Voip is an option yes but I'd like to make and receive GSM calls. I think the Samsung Tab & Note both support it but I don't know what the differences are

Comment

padfone!
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                  Is that teathering though?
                  Technically yes, cos without the phone, the tablet can't do calls/texting.

Is that such a problem though, as you'll have a phone anyway?

The Asus Padfone is a good shout from spacecadet too...

Comment

I've been using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 for a couple of months now, and have no problems at all.
                    I find it works great for me as a Tablet and provides me with a great mobile computing platform, for what I use it for anyway i.e. Watching Videos, Email, Surfing the net, Music player etc. It's not to big to carry around either.
                    Agile.Business.Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 - Tablets - Tablets & Smartphones - Computers

I'm on the train 4 hours a day, so use it extensively during this period! Never had any issues. Although I do carry around my power chord too, but generally I do have enough power to last a day. It depends on how much and what use I make of it, as with any tablet!
                    threenine.co.uk
                    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                    X