• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free / cheap alternative to Quality Center?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have a new job

Would need to be bringing a test and defect managament tool along with me.

Plenty of spreadsheets, bugzilla, Jira etc out there, but what about a test management alternative?

Smartbear looks pretty decent from web searches, anyone used it?

Application Lifecycle Management

To be fair any SmartBear software I have used has been great, they really do make good software
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Excel spreadsheet like we used at this major bank for identity management!!

Sent by bus wifi on 72 bus in Leeds

Stek

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        To be fair any SmartBear software I have used has been great, they really do make good software
        Sounds interesting......

What about uploading excel spreadsheets into Smartbear like you would with QC?

No brainer for the on-site download software version due to the annual license for the cloud.....

Comment

Not positive about that though I would contact them as they're pretty good, I have used TestComplete and SoapUI Pro and their level of support for queries was superb far better than MS support for Visual Studio
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

My clientco were looking at a test product called Seapine (I think it was) as an alternative to QC, to enable external suppliers to also access being a web based product.

Then our Head Of Testing got sacked...and the idea fell to the side.

Comment

I've seen that tool at Testers conference in London in 2011, the guys marketing were pretty down to earth and seemed quite honest. They said they prided themselves on how well there products integrated with each other, I was tempted to go with it but we went with Visual Studio as the company was a MS Gold partner
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
              X