• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which SSD for 13" MacBook Pro?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which SSD for 13" MacBook Pro?

I have a 2011 MBP with a 320GB HDD, I am coming to the limit as to what I want to keep on here so looking for a new HDD, so thought might as well look for a SSD, space wise I think 512GB will be more than enough and these are about £300.

Does anyone have any experience of upgrading their HDD to an SSD for a MBP? Is there any thing I should look for, or really lazy can anyone recommend one for me, am looking at the Crucial m4?
    Camnomis : Service Transition Consultants

The M4 is a good model, got a couple of those running in bits of kit.

I'd probably go for the Samsung 830 as its as good if not better and i'm sure theres a deal at the moment where you get a copy of the latest Assassins Creed game chucked in.

Edited, nope: http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/07/s...h-ssd-840-pro/ its the 840 Pro so a bit expensive, I'd stick with the 830/Norton Ghost bundle.
    Last edited by Durbs; 7 November 2012, 21:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      The M4 is a good model, got a couple of those running in bits of kit.

I'd probably go for the Samsung 830 as its as good if not better and i'm sure theres a deal at the moment where you get a copy of the latest Assassins Creed game chucked in.

Edited, nope: Samsung bundles Assassin's Creed III with SSD 840 Pro to spark a sales revolution, ships the 840 line -- Engadget its the 840 Pro so a bit expensive, I'd stick with the 830/Norton Ghost bundle.
      I have a 512Gb Samsung 830 in my Dell laptop, works a treat. Not sure of the dimensions though.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Check the thickness. I have a 9mm M4 and it wouldn't fit my Lenovo which needed a thin 7mm one
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Check the thickness. I have a 9mm M4 and it wouldn't fit my Lenovo which needed a thin 7mm one
          Crucial M4 is 100.5 x 69.85 x 9.50 mm
          Samsung 830 is 100 x 69.85 x 7 mm
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
          X